“Great Hotel!! One of The Best I've Ever Stayed At!!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed November 13, 2008

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed for business but wouldn't hesitate to stay with family as well. The room was very large with all the modern ammenities anyone could ask for. Large stainless fridge, microwave and countertop stove. The king bed was extremely comfortable and the large flat panel TV near the base of the bed swiveled so it could be viewed from anywhere in the room. The room had a large walk-in shower and the towels were very nice. To set it all off the decor was very modern and colorfull.....very nice change from the normal bland of most hotels.
Some other nice features were the salt water pool (very unique and enjoable) and the hot buffet breakfast.
I found the staff very helpfull and friendly as well. This is a much needed addition to downtown Moncton and I will return!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed October 26, 2008

As a guest service agent at a hotel in Fredericton, I have a very thorough understanding of what good service is about. Yet, the Residence Inn in Moncton succeeded in exceeding my every expectation.

The hotel is brand new, so you find very, very clean and modern facilities. Check in process could not have gone any better for me. Since I was a walk in, the front desk agent checked very quickly to see if there was anything available. So, in the meantime, she tried to greet us by offering a beverage (which is a very very good thing to do with the guest). I felt very welcome and comfotable. Furthermore, I also asked for a 10 dollar discount, which she gave to me given that it was the weekend.

Once the room was ready, which did not take long. I made my way up to find a fully furnished studio with a kind size bed and a kitchen which came with all the utensils, bowls, etc. There was even a microwave, dishwasher, very large fridge. The room in general was very clean, and I was very impressed. I did, however, find a liquor bottle in one of the cupboards.

The hotel provides the guest with a very large multitude of amenities and services. The Keg restaurant can be found on the ground floor, which was very nice. Moreover there is a small market by the front desk available with a great selection of goods you can simply charge to your room. The Residence Inn is also very conveniently located in the heart of Downtown, which made getting wherever very easy and convenient.

Regardless of when I would call the front desk for assistance, they duly helped me, even at 4 AM. I was highly impressed by the level of service and efficiency.

All in all, as a guest service representative myself in the hospitality industry, this hotel is truly amazing. I recommend it to anyone who would stay in the Moncton region. I know I will when I return. The Residence Inn could easily rank as one of the best hotels in New Brunswick.

Many thanks to the staff for a stay I won't forget anytime soon. Much appreciated!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I travel 4-5 nights every week and I have to say that of all the hotels that I have stayed in previous. That the staff at the residence inn moncton made me feel like I was home. They always have a friendly word when they pass you in the hallway or meet you in the lobby. The front desk staff especially Matt and Krystal were very helpfull with directions and with recommending restaurants to visit and sites to see. This is easily a hotel I would reccommend to to anybody this is a you must stay here property.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I felt I needed to express my views on this hotel after reading the "awful" comment on the trip advisor comments. I stayed at this hotel in August of 2008 with my family and thought this hotel and the staff were absolutly amazing and deserve the recognition!! Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance staff were absolutely amazing and great at making us feel welcomed and just like we were at home. We felt like this property was a 5 star accomodation and we loved our stay! We thank all staff and the management for their wonderful effort during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Opened in July 2008, so brand new with beautiful facilities and great staff. Breakfast was plentiful and good-- fruit, freshly made waffles, etc. Rooms equipped with microwaves, full-size fridges, even dishwashers. Great place to stay if you are in Moncton for a while-- home away from home. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Didn't have time to use the 24-hour gym or the pool, but wish we had.
Chose this place at 10 pm when exhausted and desperate for a place to stay. Was the nicest place we stayed in all trip and cheaper than some of the other places we reserved in advance. Really good value.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I just felt as though I needed to express my opinion on this hotel. Sure, it's nice looking, has good facilities, but if you look real close, you will see that this hotel is not a place for guests. The people who run it are very rude and more than once I have heard employees (housekeeping employees) swear and use profanities very loudly right outside my door. The employees look tired and annoyed when you ask them a question. More than once I have heard them complain about being overworked and how they are mis-treated. In my opinion, this is not a place I wish to support. Please don't let looks fool you, if you want to spend your money, it would be much better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank HotelVisitor123
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stay at Marriott's whenever possible and usually find them to be nice accomdations when traveling for business. I was thrilled when I the Residence Inn openend in Moncton. I was staying at another hotel on the same street and had fair to poor experiences (old rooms, funky smell, never got the room reserved).

I have now stayed at the residence inn three times, and each time I got the room as I reserved, it was exceptionally clean (as one would expecte being 2 months old), rooms are decorated nicely, management/front desk is great, etc. Rates are great - beyond great when you take into account the accomdations.

The only thing I don't like is the parking situation...pay for parking and the lot seems small. I am dreading winter stays without covered parking. Also, room service would be nice...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business