“Felt just like home”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
Saskatoon
“Felt just like home”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I travel 4-5 nights every week and I have to say that of all the hotels that I have stayed in previous. That the staff at the residence inn moncton made me feel like I was home. They always have a friendly word when they pass you in the hallway or meet you in the lobby. The front desk staff especially Matt and Krystal were very helpfull with directions and with recommending restaurants to visit and sites to see. This is easily a hotel I would reccommend to to anybody this is a you must stay here property.

• Liked — I felt like I was at home
  • Disliked — Everything was perfect
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
miramichi
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I felt I needed to express my views on this hotel after reading the "awful" comment on the trip advisor comments. I stayed at this hotel in August of 2008 with my family and thought this hotel and the staff were absolutly amazing and deserve the recognition!! Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance staff were absolutely amazing and great at making us feel welcomed and just like we were at home. We felt like this property was a 5 star accomodation and we loved our stay! We thank all staff and the management for their wonderful effort during our stay.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Opened in July 2008, so brand new with beautiful facilities and great staff. Breakfast was plentiful and good-- fruit, freshly made waffles, etc. Rooms equipped with microwaves, full-size fridges, even dishwashers. Great place to stay if you are in Moncton for a while-- home away from home. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Didn't have time to use the 24-hour gym or the pool, but wish we had.
Chose this place at 10 pm when exhausted and desperate for a place to stay. Was the nicest place we stayed in all trip and cheaper than some of the other places we reserved in advance. Really good value.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — We had no time to use all the facilities
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I just felt as though I needed to express my opinion on this hotel. Sure, it's nice looking, has good facilities, but if you look real close, you will see that this hotel is not a place for guests. The people who run it are very rude and more than once I have heard employees (housekeeping employees) swear and use profanities very loudly right outside my door. The employees look tired and annoyed when you ask them a question. More than once I have heard them complain about being overworked and how they are mis-treated. In my opinion, this is not a place I wish to support. Please don't let looks fool you, if you want to spend your money, it would be much better spent elsewhere.

• Liked — The TV.
  • Disliked — The rude employees and their lack of respect for eachother and myself.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank HotelVisitor123
Duluth, GA
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stay at Marriott's whenever possible and usually find them to be nice accomdations when traveling for business. I was thrilled when I the Residence Inn openend in Moncton. I was staying at another hotel on the same street and had fair to poor experiences (old rooms, funky smell, never got the room reserved).

I have now stayed at the residence inn three times, and each time I got the room as I reserved, it was exceptionally clean (as one would expecte being 2 months old), rooms are decorated nicely, management/front desk is great, etc. Rates are great - beyond great when you take into account the accomdations.

The only thing I don't like is the parking situation...pay for parking and the lot seems small. I am dreading winter stays without covered parking. Also, room service would be nice...

• Liked — Room decor is current and fresh
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Finland
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I stayed here 3 nights. The hotel is brand new and located just in the center of Moncton.
Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.
The rooms were huge and well designed, about 60-70 square m.
There's a kitchen, kind of living room and a big bed not to mention three part bathroom.
Kitchen has all basic cooking equipment, fridge and so on.
Sofa was nice as other furniture in the room too.
Nice to watch olympics in big tv that can be turned to all areas.
Everything was ultra clean and nice.
Only small problem was cold bathroom floor.
They also have a pool and hot tub, not bad at all..
Price also included fantastic breakfast buffet, don't miss it.
Highly recommend this hotel !

• Liked — Great big rooms
  • Disliked — cold bathroom floor
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We had a great stay during our trip. We originally booked only one night but ended up having to come back to Moncton after a night in PEI for a medical emergency and decided to stay here again for another night.
The hotel recently opened and so everything was nice, clean and has that new look and feel. We reserved the 2 bedroom suite, and was very pleasantly impressed. There were 3 flat screen tv's (1 in each bedroom, 1 in the living room). Crisp white sheets with down comforters, stainless steel fridge, dishwasher and microwave. Each room had a bathroom, 1 with a bathtub, the other with a large glass shower.

For each of our stays, we needed linens for the sofa bed for our children, and called housekeeping. After waiting 1 hour and no linens, we called the front desk and they came immediately. Our second stay, after waiting 4 hours for house keeping, we again called the front desk and they came right away. It was faster to call the front desk for additional items rather than phoning for housekeeping.

After a great night of sleep in their comfortable beds, a hot breakfast was offered. We went when they opened for breakfast, everything was hot and fresh, and we ended our stays with happy stomachs.
In summary, we had a wonderful stay, great price on our rooms, and we would definitely stay again if we are passing by Moncton in future.

• Liked — Everythihg was new
  • Disliked — Housekeeping response time
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family