“Best in downtown Moncton, New Brunswick”

Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed June 20, 2013

RESIDENCE INN by Marriott
Moncton, New Brunswick

Is a 6 story hotel in downtown Moncton within walking distance of pubs, restaurants, tourist attractions and shopping venues.

The hotel is immaculate with an inviting lobby and secure on-site parking

Like all residence inns, there is a kitchen in each suite and fresh tea and coffee 24/7

The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have encountered and the manager's evening reception
Is tasty and varied.

The general manager can be frequently seen making sure this property maintains its 4.5+ rating.

An important note, the entire staff seems to be on the same page when it comes to customer service..I usually encounter this only in boutique hotels.

In summation, this would be my number one choice for Moncton, New Brunswick

I would strongly recommend this hotel for long or short, business or pleasure stays.

• Stayed: June 2013
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you! We were absolutely delighted to read your review of your stay at the Residence Inn. We take pride in our hotel and we're happy you enjoyed every aspect of your visit with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Until next time,

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The staff was extremely friendly. I met both Ryan and Ingrid at the check in counter, who get me checked in right away and were both very friendly and pleasant. My room was clean, as was the entire hotel. The breakfast they served each morning was very good, with alot of variety. It is located in the middle of downtown near several restaurants and bars. The only problem I did have was paying for parking while staying at the hotel. I will defintely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We appreciate you writing a review on your recent business trip. We're happy you enjoyed our convenient location, complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. We'll be sure to share your comments with Ingrid and Ryan - they're both tremendous assets to our Residence Inn team.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was very clean, the room was great and the staff are absolutely the friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. The added amenities, free breakfast and customer appreciation nights were just icing on the cake.

I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Note, there is a charge for parking. This is the only negative thing I can say.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Wow - thank you for your kind words! We take pride in our Maritime hospitality and we're happy you experience exceptional service during your stay. We hope we see you again soon.

Until next time,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The room was great for our family of three. The kitchen was perfect for our trip. We brought food and cooked in the room. The prices at the local restaurants were outrageous. The rooms on the same side as the restaurant were a little noisy so in the future I would request a room on the other side. The hotel staff was the friendliest I have ever encountered. Everybody had a greeting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed the amenities on property and your large guestroom. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Until then,

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel for many times last year on business trips and I strongly recommend it. The only thing that I believe that could be improved is breakfast.
Rooms are big and I could feel like home even being in a hotel. All staff are very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stays at the Residence Inn. We're happy you continuously enjoy our spacious suites and warm hospitality.

We're sorry to hear that we didn't meet your breakfast expectations. Should you wish to discuss these concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked a regular room with a King sized bed. When I checked in, the clerk noticed I was in the middle of a ball hockey team starting on my third night, so he moved me. Apparently, moved me into the middle of the girl's soccer team's rooms, but whatever.

I got to the room and found out he had moved me to a 2 bedroom suite. I called down to check if it was right and it was. It was really nice.

The kitchen was beautiful - very new and everything was in excellent shape. I wouldn't say the same for the rest of the room.

The living room was due for an uplift. It's very modern, but has quite a bit of wear and tear. I was sitting on the couch for about an hour reading a book, and my butt was sore. Likely because the padding on the couch was really small.

The beds were really comfortable, however, there were a couple of things. Firstly, every time I moved, the motion transfer to my hubby's side of the bed was a bit much. Secondly, they don't have fitted sheets that actually fit, so you're constantly adjusting it.

The breakfast was fine, similar to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn. The only problem is that the eating area is VERY small, so with the guys ball hockey team or the girls soccer team downstairs, even a couple of those families, the whole area was full, and on Saturday morning, we ended up eating in our room (which is nice), but is a pain to carry breakfast back up.

All in all, a solid hotel. I would definitely try somewhere else next time, hoping for a bit of a nicer experience, particularly the bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Moncton Residence Inn and for providing feedback on your recent stay.

We're sorry to hear we didn't meet your guestroom expectations. In future stays should you have any concerns, please contact us while on property and we'd be happy to assist in any way possible. Should you wish to discuss your feedback in more detail, feel free to contact me directly.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Regards,
Darlene Power.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A good room and service but the bfast was very disappointing for this hotel. We found it simply a bit below the franchise . This hotel is the best for fun and downtown. Its a must in value to be downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
NCHR, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Moncton Residence Inn. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our location in downtown Moncton. We're sorry to hear we didn't meet your breakfast expectations. We follow the Residence Inn brand standards and selections, and we offer a different daily variety.

We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.