I booked a regular room with a King sized bed. When I checked in, the clerk noticed I was in the middle of a ball hockey team starting on my third night, so he moved me. Apparently, moved me into the middle of the girl's soccer team's rooms, but whatever.
I got to the room and found out he had moved me to a 2 bedroom suite. I called down to check if it was right and it was. It was really nice.
The kitchen was beautiful - very new and everything was in excellent shape. I wouldn't say the same for the rest of the room.
The living room was due for an uplift. It's very modern, but has quite a bit of wear and tear. I was sitting on the couch for about an hour reading a book, and my butt was sore. Likely because the padding on the couch was really small.
The beds were really comfortable, however, there were a couple of things. Firstly, every time I moved, the motion transfer to my hubby's side of the bed was a bit much. Secondly, they don't have fitted sheets that actually fit, so you're constantly adjusting it.
The breakfast was fine, similar to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn. The only problem is that the eating area is VERY small, so with the guys ball hockey team or the girls soccer team downstairs, even a couple of those families, the whole area was full, and on Saturday morning, we ended up eating in our room (which is nice), but is a pain to carry breakfast back up.
All in all, a solid hotel. I would definitely try somewhere else next time, hoping for a bit of a nicer experience, particularly the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Moncton is an all-suite hotel in the heart of downtown Moncton, just five miles from the Greater Moncton Airport. The 100% smoke free hotel offers guests the convenience of fully equipped kitchens, full size refrigerators, stove top coffee makers, microwaves and dining tables and complimentary high speed internet in all 133 upscale suites.The Residence Inn Moncton offers a choice of studio, one or two bedroom suites all equipped with Marriott's luxury bedding with plush mattresses and crisp sheets. Features a complimentary full hot breakfast daily for all guests. An indoor pool, whirlpool and exercise room are ideal for the business traveler or for family fun, a necessity for any first class hotel in New Brunswick. The Keg restaurant is located in the hotel and is open for lunch and dinner daily as well as many pubs and family friendly restaurants are located near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Moncton Hotel Moncton
- Moncton Residence Inn
- Residence Inn By Marriott Moncton New Brunswick