“The rooms were all that I hoped for, unfortunately not the housekeeping”

Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I loved the huge spacious suite. We liked the lay out and all the extras, as we had the basic room package, it was a pleasant surprise to have all the extra amenities that you don't find in other hotels of the same price range. The size of the fridge and freezer blew me away and the amazing, huge walk in shower. The gorgeous decor, also tres chic, modern. The only unfortunate part was that the housekeeping had not done a very nice job. I was very afraid of the state of the bed and its wrinkled mess I had to strip it back to check whether it was slept in. Our pillow cases were inside out , with seams and plastic tags sticking out. We set the three of them aside and the second day they didn't fix them they just sat them back on the bed. All of the paper work on the tables had looked like they were previously thrown in the garbage and someone pulled them back out and tried to flatten them, with mysterious stains on them. We didn't even have sheets on the sofa bed or in the closet to put on the sofa our selves. But the location was great and the restaurants nearby was a bonus. The parking lot gates were a bother as they seemed to be broken while we were there. They wouldn't read peoples tickets to get out and then they were stuck open, not really providing safety for the cars. I hope they will be able to fix these issues, then I believe it would be hands down the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ash2flame
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms, amenities and décor.

Our sincerest apologies that we did not meet and exceed your housekeeping standards. We take pride in our hotel and guest rooms and we were clearly not providing our best level of service during your stay. This information will be used to coach our team to ensure this does not happen again.

We encourage you to contact us directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed in the one bedroom suite which was great with the children. Pool was nice and breakfast was a real treat. Excellent downtown location close to restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel is a great location on the Main Street. Rooms a very large and comfortable incl. kitchen, living room/area and large bath rooms. Staff is friendly, breakfast also very good.
If you stay longer than 5 days, parking is free!
Good restaurant in house (KEG steakhouse) or very close on Main Street.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Stefan_Lackner
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for the glowing review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had a great stay and that you were able to enjoy our facilities, breakfast, pool, Keg, and free parking.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed at this property mainly because it scored number one from Trip Advisor reviews of all Moncton area hotels.
Upon arrival I quickly understood why. The hotel is centrally located on Main Street close to a wide array of shopping, dining, and tourist attractions. The staff is professional and take the extra step to ensure a high quality of customer service. My room choice was honoured both in location and room type. The hotel is built to accommodate long-term stays with each room equipped with a full service kitchen. The decor is modern and stylish; the kitchen appliances are of a higher quality all being stainless steel. I had a comfortable night's sleep on the King bed. Although the hotel was close to capacity, I did not experience any unruly guests and there were a number of them there ready to party. I noticed a sign at the front desk that the hotel is pet friendly. Children are quite welcome here as well. There is an indoor salt-water pool, a work out facility, and business centre all on site. A Keg Steakhouse is located here which is just one of many dining choices in the immediate area. Breakfast is served with a decent choice of hot and cold items. The area was full but the staff managed to keep everything stocked. Parking is available in both an upper outdoor level or underground. I enjoyed my brief stay here and look forward to a return visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who finds a need to locate accommodation in Moncton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Petitcodiac River.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank RAW9
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. We are very happy that you were pleased with our location, facilities, and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another Radiant Residence stay. Please let us know if you need anything.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have spent a lot of nights within Atlantic Canada on business, staying in hotels in Halifax, Moncton, Charlottetown, St. John's and everywhere in between. I can say without a doubt that this is the best hotel experience ever. It was however my first stay at a Marriott Residence Inn so maybe I can expect this at other cities too if they have this brand.

The rooms are simply amazing - elegant, modern and trendy. They have a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances including a full fridge, dishwasher, microwave and a built in range. The room is very spacious with lots of living and work space. The king beds are simply put - heavenly. Washroom is very nice with a stand up shower.

Breakfast is provided in the mornings and it's good - just you normal fare, but a wide assortment of hot and cold items, included a waffle maker. They also have evening receptions on select nights with themes such as nacho night, pizza night, BBQ night, etc.

I would not stay anywhere but here when visiting Moncton.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This is not my first stay here (I stayed here 5 times before), the hotel is nice and I knew what to expect; it's comfy, spacious and fairly new. However, since my last stay, I saw that the halls and rooms are starting to get a worn-out look! Large black scuffs on walls, nicks and scratches, some pieces of furniture are starting to be stained and a little worn-out also. It is unfortunate, because this is a fairly new hotel, but people are not careful with their suitcases against the light colored doors and walls. What can I say... people are often not careful with things that are not theirs... I guess the hotel could do some touch-ups and repaint the worst areas. It's not the end of the world, but it doesn't leave a good impression in an otherwise new and modern hotel. Among other things, I've never been too happy about the service here, the front desk staff is not very friendly and they are more interested in observing guests and gossiping, especially the two young women working there on my last stay. My room was not located where I wanted it and as noted in my MR account; I'm a Marriott Rewards Gold member. Secondly, I was initially denied my request for a late check-out until I pressed the issue (front desk staff please read your Marriott Rewards Membership manual!) If you are a Marriott property, you have to follow these MR standards. The guest should not be the one informing staff about Marriott Rewards policies. The parking is 12 dollars plus tax per day, are they kidding me? This is downtown Moncton, there is not much going on here, especially on a weekend! You can park on the side of the street for free. The breakfast area was packed and overwhelming, a total mess and they could not keep up with the people & the food, it looked like an elementary school cafeteria. I would pick the Hampton Inn Moncton over this one. Sorry Marriott, I'm usually a fan...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bose2
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a second review of our property. Our apologies that this stay was not as good as your previous ones.

We have a full time person employed who paints and touches up and scuffs on property. It has been quite busy with sports teams on the weekends and unfortunately there must have been a few scuffs on the walls that were not repainted immediately.

A property like ours and Hamptons cater to a leisure market on weekends which is why the breakfast area does get very busy. It normally is not busy during the week with our business clientele. We try our best to keep breakfast running smoothly and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We pride ourselves on excellent service. It is unfortunate that you have not experienced this at our front desk. Our team is very professional and we will continue to remind them to maintain that while working. Sometimes they talk to each other when it is not busy but we understand there is a level of integrity we must adhere to.

We are all aware that our Marriott Gold members have late checkout but it has to be within reason. We cannot offer late checks in the evening, only into the early afternoon. It's good to know that they were able to accommodate your request.

If you would like to contact us directly to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to do so.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We spent a weekend at the Residence Inn during our daughter's Ringette Tournament in the area. This place is can not be beat if you are traveling with a family. Its' great to have a full kitchen and separate bedrooms and bathrooms when taveling with kids. The complimentary breakfast and pool are a bonus. We generally try to use the Residence Inn brand if convenient anytime we travel because they simply offer great value! We had a dinner at The Keg restaurant which is on-site and found it to be awesome!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed our suites, the pool, complimentary breakfast, and the Keg Restaurant.

Hopefully you can stay with us again for another great Residence Inn experience.