“Outstanding!”

Tony's Bistro & Patisserie
Ranked #4 of 272 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Description: Since 2007 Tony's has been serving New Brunswick's finest French pastries, baked goods, and gourmet sandwiches. Due to increasing demand, we have recently expanded to include a full evening menu, including a selection of local and imported beers and wines. We are now opened in the evenings - stop in and see us tonight!
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been very fond of their pastries for quite a while but recently tried lunch for the first time. I was not disappointed! Excellent service, nice atmosphere and unbeatable deserts. There are not many tables due to the limited space but we were early for lunch and had no problems.

4  Thank Katie K

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Small pastry shop. The food is delicious and the price is worth it. Too bad the dining room isn't bigger. During winter there is only four tables inside. During spring and summer you can sit outside as well.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

You can easily miss this place when driving by. The sign out front and the store front is non-descript. The parking lot is out front.

The interior is small, but warm and inviting. There are very few tables and they are crammed together. Be prepared to take your order to go. You have to reach across one of the tables to reach the spot where the self-serve pastries such as the croissants and pain au chocolat are located.

We ordered a croissant and pain au chocolat. Both were on the small side but fresh and delicious, which is what counts. The coffee was bitter. The cakes and pastries on display looked so delicious that we took two to go. The lot came to roughly $20.00, a reasonable price for quality ingredients. If your concern is maximum volume for the price, this is not the place for you. You're better off at Timmies.

Were it not for the horrible coffee, this spot would easily warrant a four star rating. However, excellent coffee at a café/pastry shop should be a given.

The washroom was clean. It was not possible to get paper out of the dispenser to dry my hands. Heads up, it's unisex.

The daily specials are posted on a chalkboard beside the counter where you order your meal. They have a small breakfast and lunch menu. We plan to return to try the lunch menu which consists of soups and sandwiches.

1  Thank TMdS
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Haven t been for lunch yet, but I will definitaly try it in the next few days. The pastries are great. We tried almost all of them and greatly enjoyed them. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I visited Tony's when I was in town for a few days. I love pastries and I'm always looking for a great creme brulee and croissant to try. Both of the above surpassed my expectations and were delicious! But my first course was fish cakes which consisted of crab, salmon, and lobster meat. I really shouldn't say this but they are up there with my Dad's fish cakes and his are pretty damn good! The different kinds of fish really made them richer and teased the taste buds. I can't remember what kind of aioli was served with them but it completed them perfectly. The salad was also amazing... balsamic dressing over spinach greens and a quinoa and mixed vegetable salad.

The service was also great! Their recommendations were spot on and their personalities suited their positions to a tea! I will be returning when I am in the area again. I'm salivating thinking about what they could possibly make next.

1  Thank dgallant15