“I can't stay away.....!!”
Review of Isaac's Way

Isaac's Way
Ranked #5 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Located in the historic York County Court House c1855, Isaac's Way Restaurant can be found near The Fredericton Playhouse, The Crowne Plaza, and The Fredericton Convention Centre. We are open daily and we offer a dining experience for all ages, featuring many New Brunswick products. All food is made from scratch, using fresh ingredients. Wheelchair accessible. Patio to be built summer 2013.
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Being a fan of the old Isaacs I have visited the new one more times than I can count. I love the new building new location is great, I have always had above average service and only was dissatisfied with food one time. Very minor issue. I love the art and own several paintings. And currently have many bids in! :) its a fun place to dine. An absolute must to try is the green apple caramel martini. Heaven. I have nothing bad to say about Isaacs way even if I wanted to. See you for dinner guys! As always I have the pork tenderloin with apricot preserve. AMAZING! !!

IsaacsWay, Owner at Isaac's Way, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Hi Melissa321,

Thanks for your kind words….you made me blush! I'm glad you appreciate the community work we do through our art auction. We always say we attract the best customers, thanks for proving us right again!

Cheers….Jason

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Loved it. I am so glad that they are open after the fire.The food is wonderful and staff are there to make sure you have any you need.

IsaacsWay, Owner at Isaac's Way, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Hi Dan,

Glad your visit was great and welcome back to the "new" Isaac's!

Cheers….Jason

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were on the way through, looking for a light lunch, in the downtown area. Fortunately we found this place, looked in and at the menu, and were intrigued. Well designed interior in a brick interior that was not built to be a restaurant, but had been very cleverly retooled into one, with nice artwork on the walls, and intriguing design touches throughout. The waitstaff was friendly, the food came fast, and good choices among a number of draft beers. We enjoyed the fish cakes, the BBQ chicken, and a chocolate cake to kill for. We definitely would go here again. The only minus was that the wifi was not working when we were there (but who should use it anyway while eating!).

IsaacsWay, Owner at Isaac's Way, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Hi Folks,

So glad you enjoyed your visit. We have heard our chocolate cake was "to die for" but you are the first " to kill for" a slice! We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again.

Cheers....Jason

Reviewed November 4, 2013

A friend and I were in town on a Saturday evening. We decided to give the new location a try. We were greated when we walked in, the restaurant was not busy, and told it would be a moment for our table. Another couple came in a few minutes later to inquire about booking a room for a Christmas dinner, at this point we had lost or greeter.
After five minutes another gentleman inquired as to wether or not we had been taken care of. About fifteen minutes in we were finally seated.
When our server arrived it appeared as though we were inconviencing his social hour with other staff. We placed our orders and then the wait. Fifty minutes for a burger and fish cake entree. During this time our server never approaced the table. Mabey we would have liked to have a drink while we waited.
Food arrives! Burger is fine, fish cakes and rice; either sat on the line too long or was microwaved. Our server never returned for a quality check, so I tracked him down, chit chatting at the bar. Informed him that I could not enjoy my food, and would like to see the menu.
There was no apology, just a meh attitude. At this point we're on a time crunch, so I ordered the soup of the day, (cajun black bean). My soup arrived and before I could even taste it he puts the cheque on the table. When he saw the startled look on my face he said "well, you're in a hurry righ?". Are you kidding me! Worst service ever! The soup was cold and bland and I didn't eat that either.
The "Old" Isaacs Way was enjoyable. It's too bad they haven't ironed out the kinks at their new location.

IsaacsWay, Owner at Isaac's Way, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hi Natalie M,

Sorry to hear about your experience, it sure is not the way we do things. Next time you are in town from Charlottetown, drop me a line and I'll reserve you a great table. Thanks for your feedback....especially for taking the time to write your first review on Tripadvisor.

Sincerely, Jason

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Learned about this restaurant on Trip Advisor so decided to give it a try on our recent trip to Fredericton where our Grand Daughter is a student. We were not disappointed! The reception, waitress, and food were all wonderful. As it was Saturday, we ordered from the breakfast menu. Our Grand Daughter ordered the French Toast with Brie and Blueberries, my wife had the regualr Eggs "Benny" and I had the Eggs "Benny" with local chorizo - all excellent. Lots of are to enjoy while dining. The only downside was it was quite noisy. We will definitely return on another visit to Fredericton.

Hi Fred S,

Glad you had a great visit with your granddaughter. We love serving breakfast and are pleased you enjoyed yours! We have worked with an audio engineer to resolve the noise issue....it should be remedied by late November.

Thanks again.....Jason