“Lunch with our Grand Daughter”
Review of Isaac's Way

Isaac's Way
Ranked #4 of 226 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Located in the historic York County Court House c1855, Isaac's Way Restaurant can be found near The Fredericton Playhouse, The Crowne Plaza, and The Fredericton Convention Centre. We are open daily and we offer a dining experience for all ages, featuring many New Brunswick products. All food is made from scratch, using fresh ingredients. Wheelchair accessible. Patio to be built summer 2013.
Rothesay, Canada
“Lunch with our Grand Daughter”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Learned about this restaurant on Trip Advisor so decided to give it a try on our recent trip to Fredericton where our Grand Daughter is a student. We were not disappointed! The reception, waitress, and food were all wonderful. As it was Saturday, we ordered from the breakfast menu. Our Grand Daughter ordered the French Toast with Brie and Blueberries, my wife had the regualr Eggs "Benny" and I had the Eggs "Benny" with local chorizo - all excellent. Lots of are to enjoy while dining. The only downside was it was quite noisy. We will definitely return on another visit to Fredericton.

Hi Fred S,

Glad you had a great visit with your granddaughter. We love serving breakfast and are pleased you enjoyed yours! We have worked with an audio engineer to resolve the noise issue....it should be remedied by late November.

Thanks again.....Jason

Arizona
“Won't Be Going Here Again”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The atmosphere in the new location is nice but the service left a lot to be desired.

Every month a group from the office goes out to restaurants around the city for a social night. This past Friday we chose to go to Issac's Way.

Firstly, Friday morning I was called by a woman (who did not give her name) that had a tone in voice to confirm my reservation. I stated to her that I had actually called the previous day to confirm and she blamed the person I spoke with for not making an note of me calling.

Once we arrived on Friday night - some of group was on-time and others were not. The late arrives arrived to no table as they took it from us. This I can understand as they want to make the most $$$ for every seat in the house. Then when the last 5 people showed up they had no where to sit due to this. After a short time they found and extra table and chairs. However while waiting there was no apology or any sorry for the inconvenience - it just went over their heads like oh well...

Next the food - for the most part everyone enjoyed the meal. There was one meal that was not cooked correctly and when we advised our server he looked extremely put out by this. He took the plate to the kitchen and then brought the plate back out and told the person in our group that that's how that cut of meat is cooked...but he would bring her out something else. This seemed like a HUGE inconvenience to him....and everyone at the table could tell.

Bills - one couple at the table asked for their bill as they were leaving. Instead of the server asking if everyone else was finished he assumed we were and brought all of out bills to us. Some of us were not finished and hadn't even received the drinks that we had ordered. When we mentioned this to him his statement was 'are you sure you didn't drink it'....not what you want your server to say....No we did not drink it and we have been waiting for 20+ mins for the drink. Again this was another inconvenience for him as he had to change the bills.

If Issac's way can't handle a big reservation or they don't want big reservations maybe they should not accept them.

Consensus from the group was that none of us will return....such a shame for a new establishment.

2 Thank augustprincess
IsaacsWay, Owner at Isaac's Way, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi augustprincess,

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit and understand you will not be returning…..

New Brunswick
“good”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been to the new location four times now.

It's a beautiful spot, and the service is friendly if not alway speedy. I recommend the lunch menu, and especially the lamb burger. Delicious. Seasoned and cooked perfectly, topped just right, with a balanced side salad, for a reasonable price.

I have so far been less lucky at dinner. Steak and pasta (two separate meals) were both overcooked. Still, I'll be back. When it's good, it's very good.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. We are working hard to make sure all of your visits are great! We appreciate your feedback and understanding as we continue to improve our consistency.

Thanks, Jason
Dieppe, Canada
“Truly delicious food!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been to the "new" Isaac's Way 3 times in the past couple of months. Lots of vegetarian, GF options, & healthy options, plus not so healthy for thiose who desire this as well. Focused on locally sourced ingedients. Highly recommend the Squash Wellington & Crispy Tofu Stirfry (available as special only). Cozy, modern decor with lots of local artwork on display. Great service. Give this place a try, you won't regret it.

• Visited September 2013
Hi,
Thanks for your kind words. We work hard to accommodate dietary restrictions and believe the vegetarian foods can be some of the best tasting! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, see you again soon!

Cheers, Jason
“I can't hear you....”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Isaac's Way has always been a favorite of mine for quite some time. After their fire last year, they reopened at their new location on Queen Street. Very nice! The new location was the old historic Provincial Courthouse. Very unique! So, this was my first visit to the new locale.
I enjoyed the food. Tasty and the service was friendly.
My only real complaint was the noise level. What? I said it's the noise level. Pardon me, did you say....
We went with friends we haven't seen for a while. So, we thought we would try out the new location and get caught up. Could not. The din was so loud we were shouting at each other. Since we had to talk loud, so did everybody else at nearby tables. Not a nice dinning experience.
Management needs to improve noise abatement. I hope they address this issue so I will return again.

1 Thank Canam778
IsaacsWay, Owner at Isaac's Way, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We were so glad to hear you came to check us out, Canam778 and it is true... the noise level does get loud at times. Good news, though. We took the advice of a professional sound technician and have ordered acoustical tiles to soften the echo. They are scheduled to be installed in November. Try us again in a month and see if we have improved.

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate that you took the time to write.