“One great meal, one not so great”
Review of Isaac's Way

Isaac's Way
Reserve with OpenTable
Isaac's Way is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the historic York County Court House c1855, Isaac's Way Restaurant can be found near The Fredericton Playhouse, The Crowne Plaza, and The Fredericton Convention Centre. We are open daily and we offer a dining experience for all ages, featuring many New Brunswick products. All food is made from scratch, using fresh ingredients. Wheelchair accessible. Patio to be built summer 2013.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went here for my wife's birthday as we have usually had a great meal at the Way. As it was the week after the Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival, we had no problem getting a booth. Both the restaurant and its surrounding neighbourhood were quiet.
I ordered the Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Ginger Sauce, which came with broiled veggies (done just right) and a sweet potato mash. Totally delicious, and the meat was tender and ALL meat.
My wife ordered the French Cut Pork with a Tomato Ginger Chutney. It too included the broiled veggies on the side and the sweet potato mash. But the pork was a huge disappointment. Full of gristle and bone, there was little edible pork. Avoid this dish if you are looking for meat with your meal.
For desert I had the butterscotch cheesecake. I didn't leave a crumb on the plate. My wife had the pecan pie. She didn't eat most of the crust. Thankfully her desert was comp'd as it was her birthday. But the bottom line - my meal - great: the birthday girl's meal - disappointing. On the way home, her comment; "We have to try somewhere else next time."

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have eaten at Isaac's Way several times this summer and food is always good. The wait staff are always attentive and quick. I have never had a long wait for my food. Good selection of drink options.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been to Isaac's Way a couple of times. A few times just for a dinner out and one for my birthday. The service has always been fantastic and quick when I've been there. My group was treated as if they were the only ones there! For my birthday I got a free piece of the richest (and largest) piece of chocolate cake I've ever seen! I couldn't even eat the whole thing! I love the Cajun Shrimp Caeser Salad and the cocktails are decently priced and tasty! I should also mention that Isaac's Way is a restaurant that allows minors to eat there - something uncommon in downtown Fredericton for a "fancier" restaurant.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Food was boring and the service was so disorganized that I thought I was in a restaurant that had just opened.
The nachos were greasy, waiter forgot the guacamole and only returned with it after the dish was eaten. Waiter took about 20mins to refill a coke. Our meals were unimpressive, Lamb burger was dry, chicken burger tasted like pre made frozen cafeteria fare.
Another dissapointing meal in Fredericton

2  Thank Andre A
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The meals are not only skimpy. Nothing seems to be made fresh like freshly cut fries. All seems to be store bought and frozen, Even the the tartar sauce is Kraft. Plus one gets to pay extra for a piece of bread. Probably can get the same meal cheaper at Sobey's.

3  Thank Briansz