“Decent if you have a gift card...”
Review of Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza
Ranked #33 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Thanks to some gift cards given to us by generous friends, we visited BP twice this summer. Because of the slow service we've experienced in the past, it is pretty low on our list of places to eat. Thinking that we'd be getting value since someone else was paying for our meal, we went.

On our first visit, my husband had a disappointing hamburger. Hamburgers are a pretty basic menu item, but he could easily have made a better one at home (in less time than it took to arrive at our table). The second time, he got a "Boston Brute." The sandwich itself was good, but was far too small to live up to its name.

The first visit, I was served a tasteless and boring salad. The second visit, I ordered a "Glutenwise Pizza" - which was good, but not as good as the ones at Panago. Although I appreciated the glutenwise option, it was incredibly expensive for a tiny individual pizza. We also ordered an appetizer of wings, which were average.

We enjoyed both evenings moderately well (easier than cooking at home on a hot day), but we would have been very disappointed if we were spending our own money.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I didn't think I would go back but I did and I was pleasantly surprised! We went for a late lunch and I really enjoyed my meal. The service was quite slow especially since it wasn't busy but I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't bother me that much. I did find it to be a bit on the pricey side!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ordered the homestyle lasagna for delivery to my hotel room. I didn't have to wait too long and the delivery guy was nice...the lasagna was pretty good, a bit spicy (for me), the garlic bread with cheese was delicious, wish I had some now :)...as well theyincluded a take out menu with the order which I thought was nice.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went on a Tuesday and took advantage of Pasta Tuesday. Meal was good. Service was lacking. Restaurant was busy. They don't have enough servers or they aren't capable to handle the volume. Food took a long time to come out. We were hungry and didn't want to spend two hours at a restaurant to eat. The price was reasonable because of the special. There was hardly any tomato sauce on our mountain of spaghetti. He asked for some more and was charged extra, which I think is poor. Overall, I wasn't impressed but am thinking thats the norm for BP.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to this restaurant as they advertise having gluten wise options. My daughter also has to avoid lactose. The only thing they could offer her from their menu was a garden salad with a plain, baked chicken breast laid on top of the salad with a poppyseed dressing; was pale; no flavour and not cheap. To me, this chain has a long way to go for their allergy patients. They really shoudl get with the program. We will not eat there again unless they make some major changes to their menu. Come on Jim......