“Great old time Diner eating! ”
Review of Cabin Restaurant

Cabin Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 263 Restaurants in Fredericton
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

This will be a quick and to the point review. Somehow, in my 20 years living in Fredericton (I am a Maritimer now, transplanted from Ottawa in '95) I somehow always drove by this joint and never partook in their fare. That was a HUGE mistake!
Everyone loves a good ol' fashioned Diner experience. Whether just craving some breakfast for dinner, or need some grease to ease a previous night of drinkin' with the boys, this has all that and more.
Our waitress was fantastic. She was young but a seasoned pro; took our order straight away and I swear I barely saw the hands on clock above our heads click past 6 mins before our four dishes arrived!
They have all the usual fare, like BLT's, club sandwich, and steak and eggs. Poutine for the carb-craving folks (many kinds to boot) and the best part: DESSERT!
Their homemade pies are lovely, scrumptious and just like mom used to make. The best one, I heard, was their bread pudding. And they did not lie. Hands down the best bread pudding I have had.

So, if you want a good, old time wholesome Diner experience that will not only please your palate, your heart and easy on the wallet, The Cabin is a must-stop!

So what are you waiting for??

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 30, 2017

We went on a Friday for an early lunch as we had heard that this place was small and filled up quickly. Very cute and quirky little restaurant. We both got the breakfast poutine, which consisted of home fries, ham, onions, mushrooms, and green peppers smothered in finely grated mozzarella cheese and hollandaise sauce. The platter was huge! It was tasty and very filling. Will definitely go back to try more dishes.

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

I have been going to the Cabin since I was a kid. It was 1 of my favorite restaurants then, & still is, 40 yrs later. ....Shsssshhh.....I am Not old yet! Lol
It's small and quaint. It's a land mark of Fredericton. ....it made number 7, on the top restaurants to go, when travelling!
The staff & owner are AWESOME! They are sooooooooo friendly, and make you feel right at home, and part of the family.
They have jukeboxes there since we were kids, and they still work!
The food ranges from hamburgers, hot dogs and fries, from hot sandwiches, to home made soups & chowder, to anything from meatloaf supper, pork chop dinner, to steak, lobster rolls in season, and very yummy home made pies, and wonderful bread pudding.

There motto is were fast, not fancy.
I strongly recommend trying it out!
And btw, the owner is also 1 of the main cooks!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for something that is good tasty and wholesome but nothing more fancy than that, then this is the place to be. Staff seemed happy, service was good and had a great breakfast that was well cooked nothing bad in that eh?

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Great homemade style food. A spot not to be missed when in the area. Staff were friendly, atmosphere is retro.

1  Thank DavidB2681