“Wonderful family restaurant”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #32 of 224 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Toronto
“Wonderful family restaurant”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The fact that this restaurant is always busy is a good indication of its value and popularity. It's perfect for a family meal and they cater perfectly to our three generations. The children's menu has variety and appeal, and the staff provides activities and beverages as soon as the youngsters sit down to keep them occupied. Service is reasonably quick for full plate dinners and there is lots of variety to appeal to a wide range of tastes and appetite sizes. Plus, they serve the best chicken soup in town!

• Visited September 2012

Fredericton, Canada
“please sir, I want some more”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

By the Dickens, we finally decided to stop in here for dinner, as the parking lot always seems to have plenty of vehicles. We ordered the special. Service was friendly, but we got off to a bad start when the appetizer choice was gone. I understand this happens sometimes but I am not a huge fan of perogies. Since when are perogies an appetizer? Some bottlecap jalepenos or poppers would be nice, and last longer. The perogies 4 I think, were gone in seconds.

I wish I could say the food didn't take long but unfortunately on this evening, on this particular visit (my first) the wait was rather long, someting like 40 minutes by my watch. Adding insult to injury (stomach pangs) was the meager portion presented to us. I remember thinking, "is this a joke?" "Am I on one of those candid camera shows?" A wait that long is not placated by a presentation that shows more plate than food. Rice is not an expensive side to prepare and I was astonished at the two little ice cream scoops staring up at me. How much rice went into the rice cooker to make that, a tablespoon?

If I didn't know better, I would have thought this was restaurant code for "we hate you, and don't come back". Who knows, maybe they were running out of supplies - appetizers were clearly low. So instead of complaining, I used the survey link on the receipt to report the above information, in return for a somewhat presumptuous coupon to use at my - get this - next visit?

The Good - the perogies, rice, chicken were properly cooked and no lie, they were tasty. The place has been renovated, but it was my first visit. Seems very clean and nice inside.

The Bad - too little too late. We got a whole roasted chicken and some rice at Sobeys, the next time we wanted chicken - for much less! Clean and nice doesn't stop my stomach from rumbling. It's not caviar, it's chicken.

• Visited July 2012
Fredericton, Canada
“Good, good, and good.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Service is always good and prompt, food is excellent value, always comes without a long wait, never ever a problem with the gluten free parameters required by my wife's celiac disease. The plates and portions are always consistent and always hot.

Restaurant is ALWAYS clean, and we have never been disappointed.

Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Welcome to Canada!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

After traveling across the country (US) and entering Canada, we were looking for something unique. On a Sunday evening though, it seemed quite impossible. Swiss Chalet is not unique, however, it was so good! The service was very good, clearly we had reached Eastern Canada. The food was very tasty and we left happy! What more can you ask for when traveling?

• Visited July 2012
“Best Swiss chalet ever”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Wow what a surprise beautiful restaurant great service and Swiss chalet chicken on my salad. It's tough to beat fresh hot rotisserie chicken breast on a salad.
We were there with our kids by surprise they enjoyed it too.
We had a waiter and a waitress Ken and Roxanne were both very attentive.