“The Expensive Taco Bell”
Review of Mexicali Rosa's

Mexicali Rosa's
Ranked #120 of 224 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: “Since the first Mexicali Rosa’s opened its doors over 30 years ago, we have done our absolute best to bringour guests the finest food and drinks possible. Because of you, we have been able to pursue our passion tomake every event a fiesta. We welcome you to experience the authentic sights, sounds, and of course,the delicious flavors of Mexico.Muchas Gracias!Thank You
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“The Expensive Taco Bell”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went there with my brother to try it out. And we were not satisfied at all. I got Tacos with rice and The rice was unbelievably dry and tasted like it was cooked in ketchup. and the tacos tasted just as good as taco bells tacos do if not worse. and also alot more expensive. it is extra for even one sour cream or salsa. being a mexican resturdant i feel as if you should be able to have atleast 1 for free like most places do. My brother got the taco salad in a taco bowl. witch turns into a pile of dry lettuce salad. I do not recommend this restaurant to anybody. If the price wasnt so high maybe give er a go. but 17.00 for 3 gross tacos with dry rice with 1 sour cream, is not worth it is it ? And after 15 dollars in cab ride there and back for that food. made me very unimpressed

• Visited November 2013

HALIFAX
“Not my favorite Mexicali Rosa's”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Mexicali Rosa's, this location portion size seemed small, nacho's being barely a layer deep.
And I returned the margarita for lack of flavor, which is some thing I would think Mexicali's could be known for, a great Margarita.

Except for the service it was disappointing food wise.

The outdoor patio was the best part.

• Visited September 2013
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“What did you do with Carlos?”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Am a very avid Mexican food lover and when El Burrito closed up, Mexis was the only place left. Been here twice and both times disgusting. Way over priced for simple nachos... Could make the magaritas at home. Definitely a bad experience.
Where did Carlos and Gail go???

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Alisha0723
Calgary, Canada
“Will NOT go back”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Being a new couple to the Fredericton area (originally from Calgary) we are in search of our "new favourite" restaurant. So far we have been fairly disappointed!

Mexicali Rosas has an outdoor patio. A friend and I decided to soak up the sun with margaritas one lazy Sunday afternoon. When we arrived (standing waiting) we had to search the patio for a waitress to seat us.... sit anywhere she said. We sat for 20 minutes - 20!!!!! until someone finally asked us if we would like a drink. We were fairly upset and considered going across the street to the neighboring outside patio at McGinnis Landing (which now we really wish we had) However we brushed it off and stayed.
The food wasn't terrible. It was typical. Not worth the money!!

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Could do better”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Passed through Fredericton on a road trip between Quebec and Nova Scotia and was looking for a place with some vegetarian options -- often Mexican food can be a good choice.

The restaurant was nearly empty, but the service was very slow nevertheless.

I'm from Los Angeles, and wasn't looking to find a great Mexican place in Maritime Canada, but I still think they could do better. The fajitas were pretty unappetizing, I'm sorry to say. The salsa was okay.

Visited May 2013