“ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE SERVICE & FOOD, NEVER GO BACK”

Mama's Pub & Eatery
Ranked #31 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nine collegues went to the pub for lunch and had such terrbile service & food for everyone one of us. We had to wait for almost an hour for our food even got to our table and the food was horrible. Very disapointed. Called to speak to the manager regarding this and couldn't believe how rude he was. The comments he stated was "from the time the order was placed to the kitchen and on our table was 16 minutes". Well we placed our order 20 minutes after we got there because that is how long it took to take the order which would of left 40 minutes to even get our food I really don't think 16 minutes is accurate. He stated that we should "Look more closely at our watches" and in a very sarcastic & rudely manner. When I had stated that one of the guests hamburger was so raw it wasn't even cooked on the inside he stated yes I did notice that and I told him that three of us had chicken nacho's with cheese and we had hardly any cheese on the nachos it was more just the chips and stated the 16 oz's of cheese is put on all nacho's, don't know what happened to all three of ours. He then stated very rudely again, "This is not a fast food restaurant". Which of course we do know that but really should it take almost an hour to get our food with very poor service and the food not even acceptable to eat. When you can't even go to the manager/owner to help and then what do you do. I will never again spend $17.89 for losey meal there. There other fine restaurants we would rather give our money to. DON't EVER GO THERE, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!

7  Thank Bev H

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stopped in with my sister for a beer and a cocktail on the patio at around 2:30 P.M. July 25th. There were only 4-6 clients inside and after 15 minutes of waiting for our drinks we left. Last time for us! Inside our waitress was gabbing to a friend on the phone !!!

3  Thank Savage54
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Seven ladies who wanted to enjoy a pleasant lunch together today all left disappointed. Were not there at a busy time yet had very slow service ( a 45 minute wait for our orders and another long wait for our bills) from a sullen waitress who used sarcasm and rudeness to answer our questions. For some of us, it was our first ( and last ) visit there. Did not see a manager or any supervisor to complain to about our server who is ovbviuosly not suited to dealing with the public.

2  Thank cavsr
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I had been to Mama's many years ago when they were located in the old location. Didn't think much of the wings back then, but thought, what the heck, a million fans can't be wrong. Well, the wings tasted okay, but they were very rubbery. It seemed they had been re-cooked. The potato boats looked great but they too seemed to be overcooked, dry and chewy. One of the staff was done his shift and was grabbing a bite to eat. I noticed he left most of his meal. Maybe a bad night? Service was great. Atmosphere in this location very warm, good pub feel. Left most of my meal on the plate. Stopped at A&W on the way back to my hotel.

Reviewed March 30, 2010

If you are there in a large group you will get better service than you will if you only have two or three people in your group. Waitresses tend to hang out in the kitchen instead of looking after their tables. I wrote to complain about the service to the management and never received a response.
Food quality is inconsistent.

1  Thank starrydays