“A true gem of a restaurant in the heart of Fredericton.”

Caribbean Flava's Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #12 of 226 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Indian, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“A true gem of a restaurant in the heart of Fredericton.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fantastic, flavorful Caribbean food (with vegetarian substitutions!), with a family-run staff that are both friendly and hospitable. The portions are small, but filling, and well-presented. This is not your average roti/soul food hole in the wall, but rather, a unique dining experience-- and they're serious about spice! Well worth the price, and the visit.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Air'leth A

“Incredible food! We need this in Toronto!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Caribbean Flavas is an amazing restaurant. As a Toronto native and big foodie, I made sure to research great restaurants to visit during a road trip in the Maritimes. Caribbean Flavas did not disappoint. In fact, it was beyond expectations. Naz the chef and his father were extremely friendly and made the experience personal and humourous. The food itself was top notch. The portion size was perfect, the flavours were intense. This is definitely NOT your typical roti, patty, or jerk chicken house. There were many meat options, but, unexpectedly for a Caribbean restaurant, there were plenty of veggie options as well (i.e. the ability to substitute tofu for meat). The onion rings and samosa appetizers were delicious. The salmon I had was a curry dish with medium heat (level 4 I was told) and it was a pleasure. The overall ambience was bright, light, and fun. There are photos on the walls of many celebrities who visited when they were in town. If you are goingto be in the Fredericton, NB area, Caribbean Flavas is the place to go.

The Speech-Language Pathologit

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jacob W
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG YUM!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I loved this place! The menu is small but everything we ordered was DELICIOUS! It's so rare to find a place where when you ask for spicy, you get mouth burning, lips tingling, ever so pleasingly spicy. This place delivered on the heat. But for those of you who don't enjoy this wonderful feeling, not to worry as everyone else in my family was very happy with what they ordered. If I lived in Fredericton I would get fat and go broke eating at this place as there is no way I could resist becoming a very regular customer.
I found the food a bit pricy but it sure would not stop me from going back. Everything we ordered was excellent from the non-alcoholic drinks to the deserts at the end. My son and his friend loved the virgin Pina Colatada and my husband and I our iced teas that had a distinctively floral flavour that neither of us could put our fingers on. YUM, YUM, YUM! The icing on the cake was the super warm, friendly and welcoming service. If you live in Fredericton or are just passing through, you have got to try this place!

1 Thank 1wanderingwoman
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good food but not for everyone.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

First of all, let me address the service topic since some reviewers say its very poor while some say its great. It's true that the owner is very friendly, to the point of overly familiar. That style may make people uncomfortable and may offend some. When we walked in as a family of 4, we were very tired after driving on the road for 6 hours. We didn't even talk to each other. Then, the owner greeted us, starting cracking jokes like we are old friends. Eventually, we responded. We were fully awake by the time the food came. We left the restaurant feeling like old friends. If you are looking for a romantic place or simply a quiet and mind your own business place, this is not it.

I do have a suggestion for the owner. One reviewer complained she wanted to order the food more than Canadian spicy but was told she wasn't allowed because she wont be able to handle it. I had the exact experience. At the end, the food was so mild for me, I didn't even need water for the spice. Even my kids could handle it and for them, it's perfect. I can't see how the owner could tell if one can handle the spice. Considering this is not a cheap restaurant, I can see its offensive to be scolded for ordering something while I'm the one paying for it.

Next, lets address the food. My party ordered fish, Jamaica chicken, steak, and a kids meal. The flavor was great. The food was cooked perfectly. My kids (11, 15) are very picky eaters and have gourmets taste since we eat out and try new places a lot. Suffice to say they cleaned their plate in a hurry. Ate everything ... veggi and all. A miracle! My boyfriend and I liked our dishes too (fish n steak). If I hand any complaints at all, I would say higher spice level for me and bigger portion in general. Restaurants in Fredericton tend to be more expensive so combined with small portions lower the "value" score. Having said that, if I must pay a lot for food in Fredericton, then I would say this place is a good bet since we left feeling like we had a yummy meal and we met a great friend, the owner whom I cant remember his name.

To the owner, good luck with your initiative to introduce healthy lunches at school. My kids gave your food a thumb up.

1 Thank MROMom
Charlottetown, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mouth Watering Food, Excellent service, Awesome Decor”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family Recently stopped here as we passed by Fredericton. We read some reviews and since it was halal we decided to try it.We were amazed as we entered by the atmosphere and we were greeted like family by the owner and his son, who were very entertaining and friendly.We ordered chicken fingers for the kids and chinese chicken trinidad. The food was very delicious and the special drinks were too.We all left happy and satisfied.5 stars

1 Thank Mustafa T