“Simply Fantastic!”

The Palate Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of Fredericton's best places for casual dining. Our food is prepared fresh in an open kitchen atmosphere, where dining meets a casual relaxed atmosphere and experience.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I love to eat at The Palate, mainly because of the food, but also because of the ambience and service. I highly recommend the Lemon Meringue Salmon. It's out of this world!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food is amazing here. Probably the best I've had in Fredericton. My favorite was probably the salmon, it just melted in my mouth. It's a little pricy for dinner, but the lunch menu is very affordable.

1  Thank Stacey M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I go to this restaurant every couple of months and it never disappoints us. Great service and great food. My favourite is the beef tenderloin with shrimp, and my wife loves the stuffed peppers. Nice ambience in this restaurant as well, and the food isn't overpriced.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had the opportunity to have lunch at The Palate Restaurant and Cafe this past week (Feb 2013). The warm atmosphere contrasted to the cold, windy day outdoors and made the seafood chowder all the more welcoming - not to mention, very tasty. As prairie dwellers, we take every opportunity to enjoy good seafood closer to its source and this chowder was very good. We shared the soup and a sandwich each and still had room to taste the desserts. All in all, the moderate prices and good food were worth the stop and bolstered us for the long drive ahead back to Nova Scotia. Even at lunch, reservations are encouraged.

1  Thank Cdnloon1
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Returned with local friends. The meal was very good again. You really can't go wrong with this place, which deservedly maintains its rank as the best restaurant in Fredericton. That said, dessert offerings could be a bit more imaginative.