“Is this really my room???”

Quality Inn & Suites Amsterdam
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed November 29, 2011

"Wow".... that was my first reaction walking into my "Basic" room at the Amsterdam.

I read that it was the best rated accommodation in Fredericton, but I wasn't prepared for the exceptionally well thought out room that we were given.

The room was more like a modern condominium, very clean, one of the larger rooms I have stayed in. One regular bathroom with full shower/bath, in addition to the gigantic luxury bathtub for two (or three!) in the main room. The bed was quite comfortable (California King), and the bedding was clean and very comfortable as well.

We were travelling with a small baby, so the fridge and microwave and sink came in super handy. Not to mention a small assortment of dishes and cutlery. The new large screen LCD television was a great bonus as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the front desk clerk at the time went to great lengths to offer us assistance with getting dinner from a local restaurant..

One of the nicest well thought out rooms we have ever stayed in. Totally unexpected!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rational_traveller

Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is my seocnd time staying at this location and I can't say enough about it. This hotel is not very old and it is also one of the cleanest hotel I have stayed at. Staff is always ready to help, the rooms are quite large and the beds are amongst the best you can have. All rooms are equipped with flat screen and premium cable. High speed internet works great and has no or unobstrusive speed limitations, which is great for working from the room. Included breakfast is just an add-on that makes this hotel one of the best place to stay in Fredericton. Had to stay in this town for business reason and other places were asking for ridiculous amounts of money. Even the Comfort Inn down the road was 30$ more expensice than the 97$ I ended paying at the Amsterdam, and this hotel has it beat by a mile. This is now my place to stay when in Fredericton.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Amsterdam was a great hotel for our family of four travelling to PEI and Nova Scotia. Close to highway and local mall and theatres. Served small continental breakfast included. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. We stayed one night. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed for 1 night, September 27-28. Reserved one room at the nightly government rate of $82 CAD. I booked my room through the hotel's reservation line and had no problem when requesting the government rate.

The hotel was a little tough to find as it is located on a street alongside several auto part shops. However, it is a 10-minute walk from the Regent Mall so it isn't completely isolated. My colleague and I chose the hotel because of its top reviews and because there wasn't much time to sightsee in Fredericton.

My room (107) was on the ground floor and had a queen bed with a sofa bed. It also had a bar fridge, desk, dresser and flat screen TV. The ground-floor rooms each have an extra door leading straight to the parking lot. I appreciated this in my room (easy to transport luggage to the car), but my colleague did not in hers.

The only fault I could find with the room was that the alarm clock was quite cheap. It was an old digital clock and when I shook it, the clock reset itself to 12:00. I was unsure whether the alarm would work, but it did when I tested it.

There is free wireless Internet in the hotel and a free terminal in the lobby's lounge. (The front desk staff can provide you the password.) The free continental breakfast has bagels, bread, cereal, danishes, muffins and boiled eggs, and there are always apples and oranges available for the taking.

Also on the first floor is a gym room containing a treadmill, recumbent bicycle, elliptical machine, universal gym and one large ball. The room looked clean, but my colleague said that the machines (particularly the treadmill) were quite old.

I can see why the Amsterdam Inn has such positive reviews. It is a clean, comfortable hotel with unexpected amenities. I definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again on a future visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice after Labor day - once on the way to Halifax, and once on returning from Prince Edward Island.
I certainly don't know how anyone got a rate of $92. for a family of 4!!!!!!!!!!!! I booked well in advance and checked my rate several times before arriving (both times) - both on-line and by calling the hotel in person. Also checked AAA rates and senior rates. Payed approximately $143../ night for two persons, and they insisted that that was the BEST POSSIBLE rate available!!!!!!!!!!!! They told me that I WAS receiving their "AAA/Senior rate" which was a wonderful rate. Talked with the front desk staff in person prior to arriving for my second night stay.
I felt that the hotel was clean and comfortable, but nothing extraordinary. It is located on a turnoff from the highway, and you have to drive a distance to get into downtown Fredericton for dining, if you want something other than a mall type experience. Breakfast is strictly continental.
During both of my stays at this hotel, the inn was minimally booked. Perhaps the cost is why.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room, as there is noise from the highway on both sides of the inn
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Found with tripadvisor app after stopping at 3 other hotels (all $169 plus). Great room for $92. Clean, quiet and spacious for family of 4. Basic continental included. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The title says it all! We spent a week in Maine and stayed in Fredericton on our way back home to Halifax.

Out of all the accomodations we stayed at during the week, Amsterdam Suites is one of our favorites.

Spacious, clean, comfortable....just completely impressive. I love crisp, fresh, clean, white bedding and this place had it all! It felt like you were in the comforts of your own home.

Its very close to restaurants and the shopping district.

Great way to end our wonderful vacation and we will most definately stay here again, next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple