“Time to Find a New Restaurant to Experience”
Review of Wolastoq Wharf

Wolastoq Wharf
Ranked #3 of 243 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2017

This restaurant used to be a favourite place for us to dine when in Fredericton but our last two experiences have been less than stellar. My husband usually has the seafood risotto and sadly this time the presentation was not appetizing nor was the taste. I had the salmon with Asian noodles and I was unable to eat the noodles as they were so salty. The shrimp spring roll appetizer was nice. My meal was removed from our bill which was fine, but I would rather pay for a good meal.

We have decided that this restaurant is not for us any more and we will dine elsewhere.

David C, General Manager at Wolastoq Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Hi MJP695rue! Thank you for sharing your comments. It is our goal to make everyone's visit enjoyable and memorable for the right reasons. We didn't do that for you. My apologies for letting you down (twice). Perhaps in time you'll give us another opportunity to give you a pleasant dining experience. We will try harder.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit and my girlfriends second visit. The food was amazing. We both had chowder to start with shrimp rolls and bacon wrapped Scollops for mains. The service was incredible. Our servers name was Heather and she was very polite upbeat and talkative engaging in conversation with any questions we had. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone who live in the city looking to try new places to eat or to a to anyone who is visiting the city.

2  Thank Andrew P

We appreciate your comments, Andrew P. The chowder is excellent, as are the bacon wrapped scallops. And Heather has that gift! She loves to talk to people. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

My wife and I visited for lunch, AGAIN! It was even better than pervious visits. We were immediately given our choice of the few remaining tables, so we picked one by the window. We both had the Soup du Jour: Roasted Red Pepper which was ecellant; thick with a wonderful flavour. My wife had the Lobster Mac and Cheese which she thourougly enjoyed; full of lobster with a very flavourable sauce. I had the Seafood Paella which was outstanding! Full of seafood (small scallops, small and large shrimp, calamari and mussels in the shell), a wonderful sauce accompanied with rice pilaf. Our meal was complimented with a lovely glass of Peelee Island Sauvignon Blanc. We will certainly be returning for another visit.

1  Thank Fred S

Thank you, Fred S! Your review made me hungry just reading it! You made excellent choices from the menu. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Another wonderful meal Started with a bottle of Italian white then fresh Oysters, Mains were Lobster and the other was Scallops. Tasty properly prepared with nice veggies.
Wait staff are very inviting, knowledgeable and prompt Katrina was very helpful with picking out entrees etc.

1  Thank Amelia K

Thank you Amelia K! Katrina can certainly help anyone with menu selections. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your dining experience. Come back soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Took business clients out for dinner. Based on the menu, price and ratings we had high expectations. Appetizer was basic and Risotto was not cooked. Definitely not ‘fine dining’.

Hi Tara G - I'm sorry to hear we didn't live up to your expectations. As hard as we try, once in a while we have that "off" day, whether it's dealing with a staff shortage, or someone not performing at their best. Your comments are appreciated, as they help keep us humble, and continue to strive to be the best.
If you'd be willing to try us again, let me know personally. I give you my guarantee that you won't be disappointed.