“Great ambiance, great food”
Review of Wolastoq Wharf

Wolastoq Wharf
Ranked #2 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I returned recently after a great meal last year. I was not disappointed. There are many dishes with a little twist to it, making it modern and interesting, and I once again I loved the outcome. Appetizers are very well prized, but entrees are a bit on the more expensive side. Generous portions. I also like the look and feel of the restaurant, clean, modern, with a calming water feature. Will definitely return.

1  Thank Ocea_nixe3

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been to Wolastoq Wharf several times now. Each time I have tried different menu items and really enjoy everything. The presentation was very nice, food was fresh with lots of flavor, signifigant portions and the wait was short! The servers have always been friendly and made the experience a PLUS PLUS in my book !
My only recommendation would be to have onsite Wi-Fi for people who don't want to twiddle their thums while waiting on their meal.
Highly Recommend this Restaurant for a delicious Brunch or Meal !!

1  Thank Dollygirl0202
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Best brunch in Fredericton, by FAR. $8 Homestyle breakfast comes with 2 eggs, bacon or sausage (I had bacon), hashbrowns, homemade bread, two pancakes, baked beans, and fresh fruit! It looked great, it tasted great, and we could hardly finish all the food. My mom had the Bacon Wrapped Scallop Benedict, and it was impressive too. The presentation was great, the taste was awesome, and it was an original creation which was the best part.

The service was also on par, and for three people for breakfast, it was $40 including a generous tip. We really enjoyed it, and will be back!!

4  Thank seacowe
Reviewed April 23, 2013

During the recent WCC World Senior Curling Championships I had the privilege of driving the Italian Teams from the rink to their hotels etc. Being a good host I asked them if they would like help choosing a restaurant. Carlo the head honcho asked to go to a restaurant that served lobster. I chose the Wharf as I had heard good things but had never enjoyed the cuisine. When I informed Carlo that I needed to know how many would be in his party he said 14 including me; their treat!!
From the moment we stepped in, I knew we had chosen the right place. The soft sound of water falling greeted us as we were shown our table. Carlo was very impressed and remarked that this was his first restaurant in New Brunswick that actually had linen table clothes!! Good point. The linen napkins also stayed on your lap.
The menu was varied and seafood was the order of the night; oysters, calamari, scallops, and of course lobster. I had the Seafood Fettuccine and it was delicious. The girls split lobsters & being a true Maritimer, I showed them the proper way to open & eat lobster. Naturally I had a sample & it was rich and sweet. All portions were more than sufficient!
The staff was friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was inviting whether it was a party of 14 or an intimate table for two. Most reviews don’t include the washrooms, but this one deserves special mention as the marble tiled room was spotless and you felt you could eat off the floor.
During dinner the other diners, staff & myself were treated to a sing-off. The Italians were in fine fettle and every song was rebutted by the Swedish Team that was also enjoying the delights of the wharf. I knew I need help for a Canadian song, so I recruited one of the sous chefs to help me sing a badly sung version of Stompin’ Tom’s classic, “The Good Old Hockey Game” which was greeted with cheers and laughter by both Teams!! Thank goodness for iPad as the evening highlights are captured on in video! A great evening that is stored in my vault of special moments.

1  Thank ranger170
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here for the first time and were very disappointed in our appetizers and main dishes. I had the seafood fettuccini Alfredo and there were only 3medium size shrimp and the rest were small, like from a can, and the 3 small lobster bites were tough and also seemed like they from a can. My husband had the blackened halibut, and the Cajun spices were terrible-tasting. We couldn't finish our dishes and it cost $80.