“Quickly Becoming My Favourite Restaurant in Town”
Review of Wolastoq Wharf

Wolastoq Wharf
Ranked #1 of 226 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Fredericton, NB, Canada
“Quickly Becoming My Favourite Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've had the opportunity to have dinner here several times. Each and every time, the food has been delicious.

Recently, I went there for Saturday brunch and it was the best meal I've had in ages! Potato pancakes topped with bacon wrapped scallops and drizzles with Hollandaise sauce. Delicious!! I can't wait to return!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Fredericton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't know what Cheryl J is talking about.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have been going to Wolastoq Wharf for almost a year and have yet to have poor service or meal.The prices for meals are not expensive, perhaps it was what Cheryl J's daughter asked for that she only got skimpy for standard price. We are always treated the very best and understand that when they are busy the waitress can't always be at your table. The decor is very warm and comforting. We have been there with one of our brother who is a chef and he was very impressed with the service, the food and the atmosphere. Maybe Wolastoq Wharf is too down to earth with a warm home-like feeling for Cheryl J.
Pam , Katrina and Adam treat us the very best. It is by far the best place to eat in Fredericton. We highly recommend it for brunch, lunch or supper!

1 Thank Annette S
“Amazing place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant opened about a year ago and it's been a welcome addition to the city. The menu is excellent, the service is great and the prices are more than reasonable. You need reservations on most days, including at lunch time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank YFCAndrea
Fredericton, Canada
“Excellent service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had been there last fall and enjoyed it so we wanted to go back and see what other lovely food they were offering. Service and atmosphere was excellent. My husband really enjoyed his food. He had the diver scallops with a creamy garlic, bacon, and caper sauce. I chose the striploin and it was just okay so it was a bit disappointing. It is primarily a seafood restaurant (with the exception of a few entrees) so I should have known to pick what they specialize in-lesson learned. For our appetizer, we had the seafood dip. I probably wouldn't order that again. It was okay, but a small portion for the price and a lot of spinach and minimal amount of seafood. We had most of our wonton crisps and bread left over because there wasn't enough dip. Plus, the menu says it comes with Naan bread, but it seemed pretty thin to be Naan bread. It was more like a thin pita. For dessert, we shared a creme brulee. It was excellent. Overall it was good despite a couple of disappointments.

FREDERICTON
“Not so Chick”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I took my daughter out for brunch. We were on our way to a show at the Playhouse so we were a little dressed up but not overboard. We were treated as less important than the other more ritzy customers. We waited a very long time to order and it took even longer for me to get my coffee, when customers next to us were served top ups of their coffee and I was ignored. I have worked in the restaurant business for 25 years. When we finally did get our meals; my potatoes were deep fried, not very chick! My daughters meal was very skimpy and very expensive. The ambiance of the room is way off, not comfy and very sterile. No privacy between tables.

• Visited November 2012