“Nice Little Motel”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Oromocto
“Nice Little Motel”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Nice little room, decent price, friendly staff. Definitely a good place to stay when passing through the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Guardian007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We were just looking for a place to stay for the night and thought that a cheap room out of the way would work out for us. When we arrived at the office the place looked clean and recently redone, but when we got to the room we immediately decided this was not the case. The bathroom was not clean, the garbage cans both had stuff still in them, the floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks, there were stains on the sheets, and the room smelled like a mixture of sewer and ash tray even though we asked for a non-smoking room. We packed up our stuff and went back to the front desk to inform them we wouldn't be staying. The woman insisted we check the two other 'better' rooms. We relented, however, they were not much better. We were already upset that we had apparently been given a 'worse' room. If our problem was with cleanliness how would she be able to tell us there were better rooms?! We informed her we wouldn't be taking either of those either and we had NO interest in looking at any of the other ones. She blamed it on the man that did the cleaning and the fact that the manager wasn't there that day to check the rooms, but we weren't interested in the excuses. The rooms looked like they had not been vacuumed in a long time and there is no excuse for the stains on the sheets and the holes in the blankets. I would rather sleep in my car in the dead of winter than stay here. On top of all of this we were charged more than the posted price. We decided to leave and found another low budget place called the Prospect Inn. It turned out to be cheaper than the Norfolk and it's clean and the service has been excellent!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jasmin P

Travelers are raving about these Fredericton hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2011

OMG!! Where do i begin! Disgusting to the point i wouldn't sleep under covers! Please do yourself a favor and keep driving by this gross place! The owners seemed shady too! If i saved one person then i have done my job!:)

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank zgmcj
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I booked a reservation at this hotel based on the recommendation of friends who had stayed there in the past, probably under the old management. It was an interesting stay, my experience similar to many other reviewers. The room was dated but clean. The web site said the hotel had renovated rooms (not mine), wifi, mini fridge, AC, ceiling fan, ironing board, coffee maker, iron, cable and microwave. My room was missing the coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and microwave. It was definitely not renovated. The bed was comfortable, the lighting terrible, the closet had almost no hangers,and the room AC very noisy. As with a previous reviewer, my room had maid service one day only and not any of the other days, not even clean towels! No complimentary breakfast as advertised, but the Irving gas station up the street had excellent coffee.;

I left my car window cracked open one night and it rained. I used my room towels to dry the seat. When I came back to the room at 5 PM, no maid service, no new towels. I brought my wet towels to the office to get clean dry ones. I was told by the front desk that they were having maid issues and towels were not available. I had to wait almost two hours for clean towels and then I was given one bath towel, one bath mat and one wash cloth. I notices several of the other rooms were missing window screens.My room had one window screen missing.

My room faced the road and since 105 is well traveled, there was a lot of road noise. I would guess the rooms in the back would be more quiet.

Would I stay here again, maybe one night, but honestly, no maid service for three days despite asking for it? There are other hotels in the area that cost the same or a slightly bit more, offer clean towels and maid service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Canadiantraveller014
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2011

It is an older place for sure and the ac didn't really work. It also took us forever to check in. They also have to keep the phone in your room unplugged or apparently you get prank calls all night. After saying all of that though it was very inexpensive and we had no problems sleeping there for the night. Its also dog friendly. I'd go back again if on a tight budget, but I preferred the Ramada.

Room Tip: Ask for a side facing away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Northerncowgirl
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I've stayed in many cheap places. This motel is the worst place Ive ever stayed in. I regret not spending extra $20 for any different motel/hotel in the area

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank orest_sh
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Stayed there for the long weekend. The family who runs it are very nice. The room was clean but run down. The bathroom was in the same shape as the room. The bed was nice and firm. A curiousity was that after the first night the staff cleaned the room, made the bed, cleaned the bathroom and provided clean towels but did not do it after the second night. It was about 15 minutes from pretty much anywhere in the city. If you want a romantic getaway you woulf not go here but something cheap and clean then this is your motel.

• Stayed May 2011