“Great Service and decent hotel”
Review of City Motel

City Motel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed for a week at the beginning of April 2013, we had 2 rooms. Check in was great and the lady was very friendly, we were given rooms across the hall from each other which was fantastic, I was disappointed to begin with because I had specifically asked for a suite that had a door seperating the bedroom from the living room for my room since I was travelling with a 20 month old. My room, 302, had a bedroom and living room but no door seperating them just a doorway. So needless to say I was disappointed at first, HOWEVER, I just went with it and it was completely fine! It was a very warm and welcoming hotel. They do need to do some upgrades as it is dated but really it makes no difference. There is a strong smell of stale smoke in the hotel itself, more so in the lobby area or you seem to notice it more when you first come in, so I think they need to get rid of the carpet but that was my only complaint and it really wasn't that bad. I loved the size of the hotel and the fact it was a "mom and pop" type accommodation. The staff was beyond friendly and very welcoming. We used the restaurant in the hotel very often and the food and prices were very good and again the staff was great and all very accommodating! We stay in alot of hotels and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. By no means is it a fancy hotel but it serves the purpose and the service exceeds what you find in any big name hotels and the price for this property is very good!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori K
There are newer reviews for City Motel

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The City Motel is like going home .The friendly staff could not have been more helpful .Our room was spacious and very clean .The restaurant ,newly opened I understand last summer ,The Hillside Grill offered us an excellent menu and unbelievable value. We had a great homestyle meal ,Roast Turkey and Liver & Onions and followed by a wonderful dessert,Chocolate Cake with boiled icing I thought my grandmother was in the kitchen.This is definitely our new home away from home when we visit Fredericton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frederictorealperson
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights in July 2012. The new management were so friendly and accomidating. They were so sweet to my 5 year old son. They always had crayons and coloring pages for him. The rooms and furniture were outdated but everything was clean. There was always complimentary coffee in the lobby and they offered toast in the morning, which was nice. It is centrally located so it was convienient for us. It is what it is, a moderate motel. Fredericton hotels/motels are expensive but we felt it was a fair price for the area. I can't say enough about how friendly the staff were!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was appalled by the negative reviews. We have stayed at City Motel twice in the last two weeks due to hospital visits. The room was very clean and well looked after.the staff was exceptional and went out of their way to make the visit as calm and accomadating as possible. The girls on the front desk were very nice and helpful to us. It looks like we may be making a few more visits to Fredericton hospital so we really hope we are able to book at City Motel if at all possible.Thank you for all your care and concern and look forward to seeing you again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The room wasn't that clean, it smelled like stale smoke, the wi-fi didn't work, and the toilet didn't flush. I don't expect all that much, but for $100 I want the toilet to work. I really don't recommend this place.

Room Tip: Here's a tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Please, do yourselves a favor. Don't go to this hotel. We made the mistake of staying here for the Best Western in town was all booked. The hotel room seemed okay upon first appearences but the more we looked the worse it got. Booked a smoke free room and it smelled like stale smoke anyway. I believe the smoke has permeated the walls and ceilings. The pull out couch had dirty sheets with hairs on them. Waited 15 minutes for water to warm in order to take a shower. Left the next morning with out a shower. Our socks were black from walking on their filthy rug. Soooo bad. The kicker is that we paid $100.00 to stay in this room. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Terrible room, not that clean, well used, smelt, full of junk furniture, over $100 per night;
no breakfast, downstairs smelt too, looks like they went to an aution and rounded up
all the old furniture they could find. Could not wait to leave. Worst place in all our trip, need
to refurbish, clean well, paint and deoderize, buy new furniture and matteress.
Depresing and digny.

Room Tip: By pass quickly
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple