“I loved it and can't wait to visit again!”

The Schnitzel Parlour
Ranked #6 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Your German destination in Fredericton (Northside). We also offer handmade chocolate Truffles and Desserts. We are now air conditioned.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my first visit to the Schnitzel Parlour. I hadn't ever had Schnitzel or Späetzle before so I was excited to give it a try. The restaurant is charming, as I sat there surrounded by wine, twinkle lights, chocolate, and decor I couldn't help but think this place would be perfect for a mom's night out!

First up was a salad with their house dressing... a chocolate vinaigrette. Boy I wasn't expecting that, but after you get over the initial shock it is actually really good! It took my taste buds a few bites to decide I liked it though, lol... they were so confused!

Main course was Schnitzel with a side of Späetzle and pan fried apples. I couldn't decide which Schnitzel to order, but luckily they let you get half and half at no extra charge! I got half Hunter Schnitzel and half Onion Schnitzel, both were delicious!

Dessert was a 'Chocolate Mousse Torte, yum! Choosing a dessert was difficult, they all looked amazing!

The Schnitzel Parlour is owned and operated by a sweet German couple.

Uwe K, Owner at The Schnitzel Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Justin, Thank you for taking your time and write a review about your visit in our Restaurant. I'm happy that you enjoyed your first experience in German Food (Schnitzel and Spaetzle ). A lot of our first time customers are confused about a maple-chocolate-vinegraite, but after the first couple of bites, people like it. It is also very nice as a marinade for all types of food. We are looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Schnitzel Parlour

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We, my husband and myself, finally decided to try this German restaurant last night for dinner. My husband's mom had spent sometime as a young lady in Germany and she made schnitzel for him as a child so he is more accustomed to German foods then I..What a great experience it was. Food perfect from the first course of soup and house salad, with his own dressing, to the the schnitzel meal. Oh yes and lets not forget a homemade roll to die for. I was to full to eat desert so instead asked for my torte to be boxed to take home. One hour later I had a bite to try it and it was so good I ate it all. It is so nice to go out and enjoy a meal that is that good. I will be going back to have the salmon and pan fries. try this restaurant out. I am sure you will not be disappointed. We weren’t for sure..

1  Thank Lanfate
Uwe K, Owner at The Schnitzel Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for talking your time to give us a feedback from your experience. I'm happy that you enjoyed your meal. It was nice talking to you about the memories from years ago. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our Restaurant.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The atmosphere and welcome were pleasant but thereafter the experience was disappointing. The gulas soup was OK but the schnitzel was tough and dry as though the pork had merely been sliced and not pounded. The spaetzle were drowned in a sauce that had little character beyond the canned tomatoes that went into it. The "accompanying" salad didn't show up until I asked for it.

Uwe K, Owner at The Schnitzel Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your visit in our Restaurant. I'm sorry to hear, that you were not satisfied with your food. The salad is always served before the main course. As you had the Goulash Soup before the main course, the server might have overseen that the salad was not served. I would like to apologize for that. The description from the main course tells me, that you ordered the Milan Schnitzel . The tomato sauce is served on the meat and topped with fresh Parmesan cheese. The sauce does not go on the Spaetzle. I can assure you that all our Schnitzel are hand pounded and not sliced do to the fact that I do the pounding and breading by myself . I wish you would have addressed your issue with the food right away as I always go from table to table and ask the customers if everything is to their satisfaction. If you would had let me know, that you find your meat not ok, we could have changed this issue right away. The Milan Schnitzel is a very popular dish and do we do not add canned tomatoes to it. I encourage you on your next visit to let me know, if there is any problems with your food and I will be happy to take care of that in person.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food was great and the service was very attentive. Plus the chocolate we picked up for dessert was fantastic as well ;)

Uwe K, Owner at The Schnitzel Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear BevyPoo. I have to apologize that I have not responded earlier to your comment. Thank you for visiting our restaurant and I appreciate your positive review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. We are looking forward to welcome you again.
Uwe

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Loved the friendly family atmosphere with the service from the front end and from the chef, the food was delicious..to bad I didn't have enough for a doggy bag. There should be a childrens menu smaller portions or a menu geard towards children. One change should be that house salad should be an option with dressings or a choice for another item.

Thank your for choosing our restaurant for your dinner. There a choices for the salad dressing - Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar - or Ranch Dressing - or the house dressing which are offered while the server is taking the order. The menu tells to ask the server about options for children and of course smaller portion sizes for kids are available. Please ask the server about this option on your next visit or ask for me and I will be happy to help you.