“Hunter Schnitzel”

The Schnitzel Parlour
Ranked #7 of 228 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Your German destination in Fredericton (Northside). We also offer handmade chocolate Truffles and Desserts. We are now air conditioned.
“Hunter Schnitzel”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Celebrated my birthday dinner at the Schnitzel Parlour. Wonderful atmosphere, great hosts, and delicious food. You are made to feel very welcome, and the waitresses and Uwe are very attentive to making sure we enjoyed each stage of our meal.

“Top notch!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Delicious dinner - highly recommend both the Hungarian Schnitzel and the Hunter's Schnitzel, and the delicious Goulash soup. The restaurant is made extra special by both the excellent decor, and the personal touch from the wonderful owners, Uwe and Beate! Thanks for a great birthday dinner :)

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Great Food Wonderful Service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went to the Schnitzel Parlour for the first time tonight -- it was perfect-- the food was amazing, the schnitzel was moist and crispy , the sauces perfection. The spatzle was perfectly cooked . When you go take your appetite the portions are large. I was too replete for desert but next time I intend to start with desert.. You have to try this.

“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I went on a Tuesday evening. I made a reservation and I was glad I did. The restaurant was full. Nice atmosphere, very friendly waitress (who also baked the desserts),reasonable prices and very tasty food. The meal began with fresh homemade rolls with chocolate balsamic vinegar for dipping- delicious. Then a large green FRESH salad arrived with the option to try their chocolate maple dressing- which we did - and loved it! We each ordered schnitzel and the waitress advised us you could order up to 3 different sauces on one schnitzel if you want to try a few. My husband had a beef & mushroom sauce on one half and a peppercorn sauce on the other half. I had the onions and apples on one half and the mandarin curry sauce on the other half. Yummmy!! We washed it all down with a very generous glass of white wine. We shared a very tasty "light" piece of lemon cake for dessert and because the waitress knew it was our anniversary, she brought us 2 chocolate truffles- one was Bailey's flavored and the other was called the Royal Fredericton. Both of course were devine! It was a very enjoyable evening and we will definitely return...and this time we will buy some of the salad dressings and chocolates to take home.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank swissshelley
Uwe K, Owner at The Schnitzel Parlour, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Swisshelley, I happy that you visited us on your anniversary and had a very pleasant dinning experience. The Royal Frederictonian Truffle was enjoyed by he Royal Family at their stay on Windsor Castle Easter 2010 and also from HRH Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall during their visit to New Brunswick. I'm sorry that there was no Salad dressing to take home that night. We try to keep up with the demand. Before your next visit give me a call and I will make sure that there is some dressing available.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Meal-Hunter Schnitzel”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I just came back from having one of our favorite meals (take-out this time) at the Schnitzel Parlour. I have to say the food there is always excellent. This time I had one of my favorites, Hunter Schnitzel, which has plenty of mushrooms and gravy and served with spatzel. It also comes with a side salad and roll. I also tried the Trifle for the first time as I normally have the Black Forest Cake. It was so delicious and layered with just the right amount of fruit, pudding, cream and cake. It was simply delicious! Here is yet another one to add to my "get again list."

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank pescott
It is always a pleasure to welcome you in our restaurant. I'm happy you enjoyed your meal.