“Conference at Ramada”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Fredericton
“Conference at Ramada”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We recently put on a conference at the Ramada in Fredericton and I was so impressed by the service of the staff I had to take time from my very busy schedule to write this review.

At first I was concerned that the Ramada was on the other side of the river compared to downtown but because it was immediately off the bridge I found that it was quicker and easier to access.

I absolutely loved the inside of the hotel. It is mostly a courtyard with a pool (I think there was a hot tub?), large pond with fish and turtles, trees and plants, pool tables and bar. It felt like I was still enjoying summer even though it was below zero outside. The courtyard was where everyone congregated when we were between sessions and it was perfect.

You can book rooms that surround and overlook the courtyard. If you have a social function in the evening in the courtyard, people can see from their balconies that overlook the courtyard, what is going on and they are more likely to join in, even if it's just from their balcony.

The most impressive part was the staff. They really knew what they were doing and were incredibly friendly about it. They were constantly asking how they could help, or was everything going okay, and it was with a genuine interest and pleasant. It never felt like I was bothering them which I have experienced at many other hotels. When I asked for something, they were quick and experienced knowing what I meant.

I would highly recommend the Ramada for conferences in Fredericton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My daughter & I stayed here for 8 nights. It was noisy on the weekends until about 10:30 pm then just went quiet. Never had a problem with staff (they were helpful in every way) or guests.
The food was great and waitress all wonderful & helpful.
If you are looking for top of the line then go to Best Western or such. For the price and service we got I am very happy.
Pool and Hot Tub were clean and easy to access.

Riverview, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed here with my family a few times now as we travel for sports tournaments. We really enjoy the courtyard area, especially if you can get a balcony room close to the pool area. I was particulary disappointed with this stay as I had specifically requested a room with 2 beds but was given a double with a pull out sofabed. Our room was on the outside, not overlooking the courtyard and these rooms seem to be a bit neglected. The carpets were dirty, there were spiderwebs in the ceiling corners and bathroom floor corners were dirty. They did have movies for kids available for free (including popcorn). We would stay here again only if the room was on the inside over the courtyard as these rooms seem to be better cared for.

Room Tip: main floor over the courtyard are the best kept rooms.
Bathurst, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

It was an amazing hotel great room , alot of space , balcony is amazing and its so quiet and confy you could sleep on the balcony the service is great and the restorant is amazing plus the beds are comfortable the only thing is that if my room card would go near my phone or creadit cards it would deactivate . But overall Great and very family friendly .

Room Tip: A room on the second floor will give you a better view of the lougne / pool area great stay.
Fredericton
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We bring the kids there every couple of months during cold season. The rooms are great, The Pool area is awesome and the restaurant serves the best brunch in town to my opinion. We always take a room with an balcony ( facing the indoor Pool) and sleep with the sliding door open. There's a small water fall there and it makes it for such a peaceful sleep.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel directly before making reservations online. They often have deals that isn'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family