“Peaceful oasis at the end of a tiring day”

Delta Hotels Fredericton
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I ended a long and tiring work day at the Delta Fredericton, as I have done once before. It was good decision. The room was beautifully appointed. I was upgraded to a room with a river view and it was well worth it. I ate my dinner in my room watching the sun start to set and it was just the peaceful oasis I needed to recharge. The seafood pasta from the hotel restaurant was also very good - yummy! I slept soundly on the comfy bed, ready to face the next day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Hi Anik T,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We get many great comments about the hotel, menu options and that amazing river view. I am glad you were able to enjoy it. See you again soon

Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Delta Fredericton as we were in the city for a concert. While it's not really in walking distance to downtown (unless you brought your sneakers), it's a great spot to stay. There is ample parking and traffic in the area is generally not too busy.

This hotel has recently undergone a major renovation and everything from the lobby to the rooms show major improvements. The lobby, complete with a Starbucks, is open and airy and very well decorated. The rooms were also well appointed, clean and spacious. Beds were out-of-this-world comfortable!

We had a drink in the bar and the service and quality of products were both excellent. While we didn't eat in the hotel restaurant during our stay I have eaten there before and really enjoy their lunch buffet.

Only complaint is that the WIFI didn't work. I assume this was an isolated incident as we mentioned it when we checked out and the front desk worker seemed surprised.

A great feature of this hotel is that in the parking lot there is a 24 hour restaurant, The Diplomat. The Dip has great food and reasonable prices. Perfect for breakfast or a late night snack. Also, directly across from the hotel is the Sunshine Diner which has excellent breakfast.

All in all, although a bit pricey at $150/night, I would recommend this hotel to those travelling to Fredericton.

Happy Travels!

Hello NBJenny,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am glad you and your husband were able to unwind and enjoy yourselves. Thanks for the note on the internet. We will talk a look at the issue you reported. We hope to see you again soon when you are back in Fredericton.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We called a delta 800 number to book our room and we're told this hotel had pay per view movies. After checking in we browsed the tv and realized that they didn't have this, we brought up this little issue to the front desk and they were more then extremely accommodating. They rented 4 movies for us and installed a DVD player free of charge. After having a top notch meal at the one of three restaurants at the Delta Fredericton, we went down for a swim in one of there two pools. To our surprise when we returned to our room there was a bowl of popcorn, two juice for the kids and two drinks for the adults. They even took the time to check what we ordered for drinks at supper and that's what they sent. We would highly recommend this place, for the great service, updated attractive rooms, comfy beds, two pools and last but not least excellent food!
Thank you! John Adams

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Delta_Manager_FRE, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Hi Mr. Adams,
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience online. I am glad we were able to be a part of a positive summertime memory for you and your family. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team. We hope to see you again soon at the Delta Fredericton.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is my fourth stay at the Delta Fredericton with my boyfriend and I have to say that each time we have been thoroughly pleased with our stay. What was especially nice about our most recent stay was I received chocolates for my birthday which of course, made me happy. We stayed in a suite overlooking the river on the fourth floor, and the view was lovely. The room itself was very clean. For supper we ordered room service and as always, it arrived quickly. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Delta_Manager_FRE, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi Jennifermh2014,
Happy Birthday to you and thank you for spending it with us! The suites with a water view are very popular and for good reason. I am glad you both enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed one night as part of an organized tour after a long coach ride from Boston. The hotel is a typical, undistinguished, Delta property, which is not a bad thing. Room was spacious, bathroom was adequate, plenty of storage space for clothes and toiletries, and adequate outlets for recharging electronics. There is a nice walking path along the river starting at the hotel, and although the hotel is on the outskirts of Fredericton, we were told it is an easy walk to the center, although we didn't try it.

Hello tmccaleb,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We certainly appreciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You did here correctly, it is a short walk to the downtown area and there are also bike rentals at the hotel for those interested. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlantic Canada.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Delta Fredericton. Not being familiar with the Delta chain of hotels- we weren't sure what to expect. Our room was very nice, clean and decorated in a modern style. Lots of nice touches. We had a small issue with people smoking out front and the smoke coming in our window- but the management was very responsive to the problem. The breakfast buffet wasn't fabulous- but that didn't impact our overall impression of the hotel itself. Just a very pleasant night's sleep in a well run hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Delta_Manager_FRE, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Hello Maricara,
Thank you for giving Delta Hotels a try and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return to Delta Fredericton sooner than later.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This past Friday, I went to the Annual Pool Party for the first time and just wanted to say that the drinks were absolutely amazing at the Delta's Backyard Bar - the best drink I ever had was their Lime Daiquiri which tasted absolutely divine and worth every cent of its $8.00 price tag.

I know that I am probably putting this review up in the wrong area of the Hotel; however, I think its still a great review of the fantastic and refreshing cocktails that await tired and thirsty travellers once they get there!!! Also, I can personally vouch for the $8.00 Coconut Cheesecake with my only complaint about it being that the slice wasn't quite big enough :(

Room Tip: NOTE FOR TRIP-ADVISOR: If you want to move this review to another location, thats fine with me. I...