“best bed”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at the Delta Fredericton for the wrestling nationals. The room was extremely comfortable and there were some nice touches like hooks for heavy coats at the front door and pin point reading lights on each side of the bed. The bed was like heaven...comfy and soft but still supportive. The front desk were very helpful with all the questions I had . Also for being host hotel for the national wrestling championships, it was very quiet. The experience was wonderful.

Room Tip: all are good rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ssrtb
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear ssrtb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our recent hotel renovations, and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Front Desk team.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hopefully, when the construction is complete, this will be a very nice hotel. We were not told of the ongoing construction when we made our reservations. After a very long drive, we arrived to disjointed chaos - confustion about what door to enter, "attitude" at the front desk ,ladders and workers in the corridors, questions about which elevators worked, a room that had cleaning issues, and only the bar area open for food. Just wish we had been informed about some of these issues ahead of arrival. We probably would have stayed at another hotel.
The good news is that it is a nice property, the room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and someone came to correct the cleaning issues.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csaDallas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on business during the week of March 11, 2013. They have done a nice job with the renovations - the rooms are well appointed and modern. I wonder why hotels put wall paper in bathrooms though -- it seems so impractical and likely to peel due to the humidity. Not to mention whoever put it up did a poor job - but the bathroom was clean and that is what is most important! I had a beautiful river view and but only an ok sleep - unfortunately I was next to the elevator and snack machines. I didn't have an opporunity to check out the pool or gym area on this visit.

Room Tip: Nice view on the river side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BensMommy2010
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear BensMommy2010,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line.

Firstly, please let me apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the elevator and snack machines. I was happy to read however that you enjoyed our hotel renovations during your stay with us. Hopefully on your next visit, you will be able to enjoy more of our hotel's amenities.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here one night and had a wonderful stay!
Everything is newly renovated, modern and clean! Great front desk service! Only bad thing was the wifi. Had a hard time connecting with my phone and laptop. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed: March 2013
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Macs1019,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and that our front desk staff were able to add to your overall positive experience during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night recently and found this property to be beautiful and is situated in a handy location, right next to the river and minutes from the shopping and downtown district. Our room (647) was niced furnished with modern style decor, wi-fi equipped and had a nice tub/shower combo..something that we appreciated as we like to soak after a long day driving...next to the bed was a rather large (partially opening) window offering open views to the frozen river and pool/shore below. While we did not partake in the restaurant nor bar area it looked rather inviting. The front lobby area is expansive and nicely appointed. They have both an inside and an outside pool area that I'm sure would be lovely to spend time at , again right next to the river in warmer temperatures. While it was busy the night we were there, plently of children and a military function ongoing it was relatively peaceful and a nice place to stay. Staff were very friendly and best of all pets are welcome..Overall a delightful hotel that we will indeed return to next time in Fredericton..

Room Tip: not all rooms have tubs but rather walkin showers..some have french or full balconies..others have n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Tramper,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I'm so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our hotel renovations during your recent stay with us. Hopefully, you will be able to visit during the summer to enjoy our outdoor patio and pool.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would love to stay at the Delta when travelling to Fredericton as a member of Delta Privilege despite the non-central location.

Having said that my last 3 stays I have been unable to sleep as the rooms assigned to me had such horrible paint fume smells that I kept waking up with a headache. I even had the window wide open on a minus 20 night the last time.

Of course the new facilities and restaurants are great. I have actually booked one of their conference rooms to use for a customer session I am doing in March. Sadly I plan to stay at the Crowne and have been reccommending the other 5 folks from the company coming down to do the same as I do not want us all having headaches when meeting customers the next day.

I hope they find a way to resolve this, until then, I will use the hotel services but not sleep there.

Room Tip: Not sure, maybe ask if there is a pre-renovated room so not to get the paint room smell?
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear FlamesandHabs,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line.

I'm sorry to hear that due to the paint fumes you were unable to enjoy your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for this. We are happy to hear however that you enjoyed our newly renovated facilities, and we thank you for your business.

We would love the opportunity to make this up to you, and invite you back to the Delta Fredericton Hotel.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is freshly renovated. Nice modern rroms. Very clean and quiet. Great service. Free internet no password which worked excellently. Good restaurant facilities. Nice gift shop for esseantials on main floor. Great rate for local travellers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kielbury
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear kielbury,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!