“Friendliest Hotel in Canada”

Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Vancouver, Canada
“Friendliest Hotel in Canada”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stay in hotels every week for work. I have stayed in major chain hotels (Fairmont Sheraton Hilton etc) across Canada. I have been staying at the Lord Beaverbrook for a few weeks. I can honestly say this hotel is one of my favorites. They always make sure I get a gift in my room (beer and lobster potato chips!) and they really go out of their way to make things special. The morning restaurant staff have become my family away from home. Stay here - they deserve your business!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank JPBCDNTraveller
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello JPBCDNTraveller ,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful comments. I will be certain to share your feedback with our great staff here at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beavebrook Hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was at the CPF for 2 nights to attend a conference at the convention centre, which was conveniently right across the street.

As soon as you walk in there's a beautiful old staircase that made me imagine ladies in beautiful gowns heading down for a night out.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

My room was on the sixth floor on the river side. It was a corner room, and had a lovely view.

The room was clean, shower pressure great, and there was a soft nightlight in the bathroom.

There was also a little aromatherapy kit to help you sleep and a Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee.

The area of the room was quiet. The windows did not open which is something I really like, but from outside it looked like some do open so I could have asked for it.

The bar downstairs is so comfortable, with beautiful floors and very spacious...we had a good time down there.

The parking lot was busy but I always found a spot.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would return.

• Stayed November 2013
Hello letsbefriends ,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. We hope you enjoyed the conference at the Fredericton Convention Centre.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,306 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This grand old hotel is sure showing its age. The carpets need replacing throughout. The rooms need a refresh. The walls need attention. It is obvious that some improvements have recently been made but there is still much to do. The hotel is conveniently located right downtown on the river. The legislature is across the street as is the new convention centre. The Beaverbrook Museum is next door. You have an easy walk to many fine restaurants downtown (the Palate is excellent). the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. The gym is well equiped and the aerobic machines are new. The James Joyce pub is a great spot for a quick pint or a bite to eat (the food is good and the price is reasonable). The main lobby shows that this hotel once shone brightly. I hope it does again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JamesII
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello JamesII,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in your review. We hope to see you return to our property the next time you visit Fredericton.

Portage la Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Really liked the hotel; bed was excellent, room was well laid out with nice touches. Hotel manager Geoff gave excellent help by making it possible for me to use my Apple TV by calling their internet provider and registering the ATV's wifi address/MAC address with them. Pool and hot tub were clean and large. I would come here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob F
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Rob F,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that we were able to assist you with your Apple TV and look forward to your return.

Best Regards,
New Brunswick
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My reservation call went very well. Excellent front desk staff. However, The cleanliness of the hotel is among the worst I have seen. I was only there for one night. My room had a visible stain on the blanket, drywall screws held the window shut. The filter of the a/c unit was packed with dust and lint. Behind the dresser the rug was white with dust. The sun curtain was stained with water marks running down it and was torn in another location. The toilets air vent was filled with dust and lint. The bathtub tiled wall was covered with orange grime where the grout lines are. The entrance door to my room was marked all over with dirt and needed a washing in the very least, my neighbours door was in the same condition. The room had a stale smell from the lack of fresh air. The a/c unit blows it's air directly on the bed next to it making it very uncomfortable to sleep in. The spare blanket was not folded and certainly had not been washed and cleaned since the last use. Dust and hairs where apparent in the dresser drawers. The shower head ring had fallen off its mount and the hole it the tile was wide open. With all my hotel visits this is among the first ones where I felt the need to substantiate my writing this review with 17 pictures.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank thehotelier
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello thehotelier,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and strive to exceed our guests' expectations, however it appears we did not in your case. We welcome you to contact us directly at info@cpfredericton.com to discuss your stay and your concerns in greater detail.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the Lord Beaverbrook during the Harvest Jazz and Blues festival and had a nice stay. My room was huge with 2 double beds and a massive telly and had all the facilities I needed including a much welcome coffee maker. From my window I had a lovely view out over the river and the air conditioning was very good as it was quite sticky outside and this enabled me to get a good nights sleep. I did not eat at the hotel but the food looked good and the pub looked like a nice place to unwind after a hard day.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back with views of the river
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank monkeychops181
Hello monkeychops181,

Thank you for your review, we hope you had a wonderful time in Fredericton at the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival.

Best Regards,
Ottawa, ON, CAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I arrived late, around 10:30 pm, for one night. The check in was quick. The hoetl is conveniently located downtown, and in a quiet area. The room was big, with a Keurig for coffee in the am! I was so happy!!! The air unti was over by the bathroom and not blowing on the beds. Everything was great until I went to get my rental car and the window had nearly been punched in. No one had said anything when I checked out in the am...but waited until 4pm when I was leaving and only beacause I needed someone to get me a broom. The worst was the manager, last name Gallant, told me they had seen it happen 15 min after I had arrived. Sorry, the worst was being told that I was the only patron it happened to, when I arrived at the airport the rental agency told me another car had been vandalized! Vandalism happens - and I didn't blame the hotel and the manager. What I am angry at is that NO ONE TOLD me until it was very late in the day, and I had to drive 3hrs with a broken window!!!

• Stayed September 2013
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello BugforTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay with us. We apologize that your rental vehicle was damaged and did report the incident that day to our local authorities for further investigation.

Regards,