“Great Style and Easy Access for Government Business”

Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook provides such quick access to the Centennial Building if you are in town conducting government business. It's also in very close proximty to downtown and offers a wonderful dining experience of its own. If you're looking for exercise they have a full size pool as well.

Room Tip: pick a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hello Leasiders,

Thank you for the great comments about our property and our location as Fredericton's only downtown Hotel. We look forward to your return to our beautiful City and to our Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I've been lucky enough to stay at this hotel a few times and I have always enjoyed the service and cleanliness of the rooms. Everything is always set up properly. It is near some good pubs and restaurants and has a good gym and pool. For those that enjoy CROSSFIT there is a club attached to the hotel although it is not part of the crown label they do accept outsiders for workouts.

I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2012
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Mista_Sizzla,

Thank you very much for your recommendation and your comments from your previous stays at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2013.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed 3 nights, on the second morning I was congested and know once in a while I will get subtle allegies when leaves are falling. However this seemed to only happen after I awoke.
Third morning before checking out my phone/alarm slipped down beside bed and I had to move bed away from wall. I was aghast to see the amount of dust/ mold whatever I am not sure, but was disgusted. I kept the bed pulled out and went to the checkout and advised the day supervisor at the desk. i ALSO FILLED OUT A COMPLAINT CARD WITH PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS. To date I have not had a single response, and had specifically asked the day supervisor to follow up with me, at $140.00 per night plus $10 parking fee, I expected more. I am a gold elite member and have stayed with this chain many times. I almost feel this issue was covered up very quickly and my response card was mysteriously lost. I unfortunately was going to stay at the Best Western Fredericton but they were booked. I realize they are a little further out of the way but have always had a great room and exceptional service, without the 3 inch thick layer of dust behind the headboard. I am going to Fredericton again in a few weeks and based on the lack of response from the Crowne will be staying at Best western.

Room Tip: Check bewhind headboards before deciding on the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bluenoser51
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hello Bluenoser51,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments from your stay with us. We strive to respond to each and every guest comment and will certainly look into your written comment card. We hope to have the opportunity to have you return to stay with us in the future and welcome you to call our hotel directly to discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

internet access works fine, business center is ok, but lacking a scanner, or multifunction printer.
Odd trek to the gym, it is a bit small and all the equipment was in use when i went by.
room is very clean and quiet
did not like the step at the front since my bag was heavy and the only ramp or incline was at the other end of the driveway.
not sure why the shower head was pretty well at my eye level - and I'm only 5'10"
resturant was very nice and not too pricey. I went for a walk and found Cora nearby and will be going there for tomorrows breakfast
like that I can open my windows
something wrong with the TV cable since most of the channels are snowy.
enjoyed the spa pack that was left on the bed.

Room Tip: lots of places to go out and eat at instead of the pricey hotel resturant
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hello georgetown_minky,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments from your stay at the Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

On business the end of September, I stayed 2 nights at Crowne Plaza, which is the former Lord Beaverbrook Hotel. The hotel has been renovated, including most rooms which now ooze with charm even more so than ever.

I love this hotel, as its right on Queen Street, which is the main downtown street in the City. For business meetings, it's perfect and it diretly faces the new Convention Centre! Has a pub and full restaurant, so lots of dining choices, not to mention within walking distance to all downtown restaurants.

This hotel is an affiliate of the Holiday Inn Chain, so you can't go wrong booking this absolutely lovely & chaming Hotel...plus...rooms are a fantastic price!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello banjetta,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your stay with us. It is great to hear that you experienced the charm of our property. We look forward to having you stay with us once again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a very pleasant stay at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel in Fredericton on Saturday November 3rd. The personnel was very friendly and accomodating; any extras we needed, they promptly brought it to our room. Although the room was a bit small, it did not stop us from enjoying our stay. We also has a succulent brunch in the dining room on Sunday morning. The staff provided a separate room for my family and I (14 of us) as we were celebrating my sister's birthday. The hotel is situated downtown on the river so some of us took the opportunity to go for a relaxing walk by the river before returning home. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Hello Jacinthe L,

Thank you for your comments from your stay with us. We are very pleased that you and your family had the opportunity to share a great Sunday brunch dining experience together. We look forward to welcoming all of you back to our hotel once again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at the Lord Beaverbrook on our way east. It is in a nice location as it is on the river downtown and near local attractions (as well as banks to change currency). The staff was helpful and friendly and the parking was gratis since it was a weekend night. The room was a little small but comfortable. The only thing of note is that it was a little tired and needed updating a bit. This did not bother us and I would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Hello Sliphorn,

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay at the Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in Fredericton.