“Nice Stay at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Bouctouche, Canada
“Nice Stay at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a very pleasant stay at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel in Fredericton on Saturday November 3rd. The personnel was very friendly and accomodating; any extras we needed, they promptly brought it to our room. Although the room was a bit small, it did not stop us from enjoying our stay. We also has a succulent brunch in the dining room on Sunday morning. The staff provided a separate room for my family and I (14 of us) as we were celebrating my sister's birthday. The hotel is situated downtown on the river so some of us took the opportunity to go for a relaxing walk by the river before returning home. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Hello Jacinthe L,

Thank you for your comments from your stay with us. We are very pleased that you and your family had the opportunity to share a great Sunday brunch dining experience together. We look forward to welcoming all of you back to our hotel once again.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at the Lord Beaverbrook on our way east. It is in a nice location as it is on the river downtown and near local attractions (as well as banks to change currency). The staff was helpful and friendly and the parking was gratis since it was a weekend night. The room was a little small but comfortable. The only thing of note is that it was a little tired and needed updating a bit. This did not bother us and I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hello Sliphorn,

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay at the Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in Fredericton.

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Check the bed. After a long day, I settled into bed. I felt something like gravel on my foot, pulled the sheets back, full of dirt and gravel....... didn't come from my feet!!!! Obviously the bed had not been changed after the previous guest/s. I slept on top of the sheets. I did not mention to front desk, should have looking back now. I felt compelled to post this, as another guest had a similar experience.

• Stayed May 2012
Hello Kerry B,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team for review. We wish to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you come to Fredericton.

Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had a comfortable, welcoming stay in the heart of Fredericton. My room was nicely renovated while mainting the elegance of the historic hotel that it is. I had a wonderful breakast in their dinning room. I found all staff that I spoke with to be polite, helpful and welcoming. I would stay here again for my next business trip to Fredericton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello wbsCalgary,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and especially of our staff. We will be sure to share your words with our entire team here at the Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have stayed here twice this year, and both times enjoyed my stay. While this is clearly an older hotel and getting a bit shabby around the edges, it is well maintained overall, very clean, and staff are very accommodating.

Excellent location, lovely views of the river and in the downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ottawatraveler_11
Hello ottawatraveler_11,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay with us this month. Please let us know when you have the opportunity to come back to the City of Fredericton.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I loved the charm of this hotel. I found the staff very friendly, always a warm smile and a hello. The room was spacious and clean . The beds were comfortable. I had a wonderful view of the legislative building, the playhouse and I could see UNB campus up the hill. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown attractions. Walking/running trail runs behind the hotel along the St. John River I attended a business function and supper was catered by the hotel. Delicous food. Guest do have to pay $10 a night for parking I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hockey123mom,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay with us. We take pride in the wonderful City and River views available from our property. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Fredericton area.

Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is definitely one of those old period appearing hotels! Awesome old fashioned furniture in the bedsrooms and the decor and double staircase in the front lobby made me feel that Lord Beaverbrook himself was coming down the stairs.

So this is definitely an older hotel, if you are looking ofr something very modern, keep on looking. Having said that I loved the old-fashioned feel of my room with the queen sized bed, heavy old nightstands, dresser, table and old fashioned stuffed chairs. The bed was one of the most comfortable that i had slept on in a while, room temperature easily confrolled with a wall thermostat and as I tend to feel cold, i was happy to see an extra blanket and pillow tucked away in the closet. The blowing fan was a little noisy and took some getting used to but like white noise it was helpful at bedtime. The room itself was a decent size and more than enough room for a couple of people.

I had to use the iron right at the time of arrival as i had to get to a meeting ~ it clearly was not working and i had to phone the front desk, but a replacement iron was delivered within a minute....i really appreciated that.

The concierge Paul was so helpful for me one day. I had forgotten my computer power cord and charger at a previous hotel and asked him if he knew of any place i might find a replacement. He was kind enough to look up the stores that might help me, provided phone numbers, directions, etc.

My one suggestion for improvement would be to increase the wattage of the light bulbs in the bathroom....pretty dim and since the makeup mirror did not light up, a little extra light in the room would have been appreciated.

There are ice machines on each floor but only vending machines for soda on alternate floors...take care because the stairs between floors are definitely old!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello FreeHoliday,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay with us. Great to see your appreciation for our historic charm combined with our modern amenities. We look forward to your return in the future.

Regards,