Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
$62
Prospect Inn(Fredericton)(Great Value!)
$67
$60
Silverwood Inn & Suites(Fredericton)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Pool
$93
$89
Agoda.com
City Motel(Fredericton)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
All reviewsjames joyce pubthe rivermaverick roomart galleryterrace restaurantgrand staircasesteam roomwithin walking distanceolder hotelqueen streetdecent sizefarmers marketthe air conditioningbusiness tripdowntown areasaint john riverearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I loved the charm of this hotel. I found the staff very friendly, always a warm smile and a hello. The room was spacious and clean . The beds were comfortable. I had a wonderful view of the legislative building, the playhouse and I could see UNB campus up the hill. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown attractions. Walking/running trail runs behind the hotel along the St. John River I attended a business function and supper was catered by the hotel. Delicous food. Guest do have to pay $10 a night for parking I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Hockey123mom,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay with us. We take pride in the wonderful City and River views available from our property. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Fredericton area.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is definitely one of those old period appearing hotels! Awesome old fashioned furniture in the bedsrooms and the decor and double staircase in the front lobby made me feel that Lord Beaverbrook himself was coming down the stairs.

So this is definitely an older hotel, if you are looking ofr something very modern, keep on looking. Having said that I loved the old-fashioned feel of my room with the queen sized bed, heavy old nightstands, dresser, table and old fashioned stuffed chairs. The bed was one of the most comfortable that i had slept on in a while, room temperature easily confrolled with a wall thermostat and as I tend to feel cold, i was happy to see an extra blanket and pillow tucked away in the closet. The blowing fan was a little noisy and took some getting used to but like white noise it was helpful at bedtime. The room itself was a decent size and more than enough room for a couple of people.

I had to use the iron right at the time of arrival as i had to get to a meeting ~ it clearly was not working and i had to phone the front desk, but a replacement iron was delivered within a minute....i really appreciated that.

The concierge Paul was so helpful for me one day. I had forgotten my computer power cord and charger at a previous hotel and asked him if he knew of any place i might find a replacement. He was kind enough to look up the stores that might help me, provided phone numbers, directions, etc.

My one suggestion for improvement would be to increase the wattage of the light bulbs in the bathroom....pretty dim and since the makeup mirror did not light up, a little extra light in the room would have been appreciated.

There are ice machines on each floor but only vending machines for soda on alternate floors...take care because the stairs between floors are definitely old!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello FreeHoliday,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay with us. Great to see your appreciation for our historic charm combined with our modern amenities. We look forward to your return in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Crowne Plaza Beaverbrook is a beautiful hotel with a grand lobby and great location - but don't expect any of these things to matter when booking a room through Hotwire.

We got a "good" deal on a room through Hotwire - two nights at $160 each night. I do realize that when booking a discounted room, not to expect the penthouse, naturally. However, I still feel that $160 a night is pricey, especially for what we got.

Our room was in the basement, in a tucked away corner with very low ceilings. Directly outside our window we had a magnificent view of a massive generator & electrical box.

The first evening, upon opening the curtains, I got a frightful sight - the outside (thankfully it was the OUTSIDE!!) of our windows were COVERED in spiders! I'd say at least 10 massive webs with plump, round spiders hovering against the glass, with the electrical box in the background. Needless to say, we kept the curtains closed at most times, making for a very dark, dingy, basement room hardly worthy of the $320 we paid for it.

Good things about our room? The beds. So soft and comfortable, and the linens are luxurious.

I would never stay here again when booking with Hotwire. I might consider staying here if I was rich (or on business) and could afford the full price rooms on the upper floors.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Hello TravelHeath,

Thank you for your feedback from your most recent stay with us, it is very much appreciated as it helps us continually improve our product and services. Please let us know the next time you plan to come to Fredericton and we would be happy to make a reservation for you.

SIncerely,

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Your accommodation options in Fredericton are pretty limited if you want to be anywhere near downtown. You've basically got the Delta Fredericton and the Lord Beaverbrook. The Delta is a fair ways from downtown - more than you will likely want to walk, the Lord Beaverbrook is pretty much in the middle of everything. The room on my stay was incredibly spacious (it looked like two rooms had been renovated into one!), well appointed, and quiet. Not far away are pubs, restaurants, and everything you might need.

The desk clerk was nice enough to provide us a complimentary very late checkout as I had to run to the base in Oromocto first thing in the morning and didn't want to make my wife get up early.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello NickB488,

Great to receive your review of your most recent stay with us and we are glad that we could accommodate your late check-out request. We wish to welcome you back to our property the next time you are in the Fredericton area.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for two nights and everything went well.Beautiful older building,good location,very friendly staff spotless room.
We were upgraded to a suite which was huge.
Priority Club perks are excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river if available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello vidtrans,

Thank you for your great comments from your most recent stay with us and for your membership in our loyalty program, Priority Club Rewards. Our team at the Front Desk pride themselves as industry leaders in membership recognition and are pleased that you enjoyed and appreciated the perks of the program.