“HOME AGAIN”
Review of Fredericton Inn

Fredericton Inn
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Why do I stay at the Fredericton Inn most of the time when I am in Fredericton ? The reason is quite simple. The Fredericton Inn makes me feel at home. This is a local business owned by a local family that has put great emphasis on their customers and their needs and it shows from the time you check in until the time you check out. Management can throw around all the slogans they want but if there is no buy in from your staff than you are just blowing air into the wind. It is obvious that making you feel at home is NOT just a slogan that the Fredericton Inn throws around. Every staff member that I have ever encountered on my many stays at the Fredericton Inn have made me feel like I am at home even when Management is not within ear shot. What does that tell me? That tells me that the Waite family walks the walk and so do their many staff. I have yet to make a request that the staff did not bend over backwards to accommodate me.

There was an ice storm yesterday and I left the hotel that I was staying at, which was not the Fredericton Inn, because of the reasons I mentioned. When I was checking in Marilyn at the front desk, informed me that instead of my regular drive up, they were upgrading me to the "Block" because there was a convention in the hotel and she did not want me to be disturbed with noise during the night. Did Marilyn have to upgrade me? She most certainly did not, but she did because Management has re-enforced to their staff that the customer is important and they gave her the authority to ensure customers are treated right. It is apparent that the staff at the Fredericton Inn have taken responsibility for ensuring every customer has a great stay at the Fredericton Inn and for that I am a grateful customer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Mike C,

The Fredericton Inn appreciates being your home away from home. I am very fortunate to have many individuals supporting our family business (such as Marilyn). They truly take ownership and try their best to create a positive experience for our customers.

On behalf of the people who work here at the Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and recommend our property.

I wish you safe travels in 2014 and thank you for choosing our family business as one of your places to stay while in New Brunswick

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

It is an older hotel, however, it is well cared for. We had an issue with the restaurant at breakfast, and the front desk staff practically bent over backwards to make it right. Then, they jump started my car for me, free of charge.

• Stayed: January 2014
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear EmbracingEarth,

Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate having you as a guest and look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed two nights as part of a fairly large conference held at the hotel. The room (367) was clean, had a large flatscreen TV (resting on a bureau that looked as though it had spent a few years supporting a much heavier television!), and the bed was comfy with lots of pillows. The bathroom had good water pressure in the shower, and ample towels and toiletries; I was pleasantly surprised to find everything had been replaced on the second day, especially since many hotels now encourage reusing towels, etc. I would have been okay with using the same towel and soap bar, but I'm sure some would not. Perhaps a small card in the room could give guests the option to replace. Free Wi-Fi was easy to connect and the speed was enough to stream online radio.

The food in both dining facilities was very good, and served by friendly and efficient staff. Special thanks to the lovely folks at the Brass Rail, who, despite having a full house at breakfast, kept the coffee flowing, and even provided to-go cups. Catered and buffet-style meals did not disappoint, and included enough variety for everyone.

This hotel is centrally located, and has direct access to a large shopping mall - you can scoot directly from one lot to the other - very convenient for shoppers. Pet owners will be pleased to know they are welcome here, as selected courtyard facing rooms allow your pet to play in a safe, secure area.

All in all, we were comfortable and happy, and I would not hesitate to recommend the Fredericton Inn to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Stacey D,

I am very pleased to read your positive review of our property. We are pleased that our services and accommodations met with your expectations.

We have recently installed Bell Aliant Fiber Op Internet throughout the Inn which has improved our Wifi for guests and have signed up for HD Television solutions by Roger’s services to be installed by weeks end.

I find it is important to create an experience in all of our dining areas (restaurants and banquet services) where the customer receives both value and great service. I will share your comments with all our personnel in our food service departments.

Being a pet owner myself, I believe it is important to provide a welcomed atmosphere not only to our guests but to members of their extended family (pets). Our pet friendly rooms and courtyard provide a space where pets and their owners can feel comfortable.

Thank you for recommending our property to others.

Owner/ General Manager

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This Hotel was Great. Great service all around. Price was great too, very reasonable considering the location. The staff was on top of everything and treated us the way you expect to be treated.This is now my go-to place to stay in Fredericton.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear TIff L,

Thank you for writing such a kind review of our property. We appreciate having you as a client and look forward to serving you in 2014.

Happy Holidays and Safe Travels,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

A good location right off the highway, and close to stores and restaurants The staff were friendly and considerate placing us in a quieter location as there were several Christmas parties in the building that night. The room was clean but dated with a few pieces of furniture banged up. We checked out the fitness area and pool but decided against it as it was dark and dungeon-like. Overall a good place to stay for a night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Hypurv,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We appreciate having you as a guest and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel that I regularly stay in for a political party AGM. I normally book a standard room but this time I decided to book a room in the executive section of the hotel. The check in process was nice and no hassle and the staff was nice and friendly. But when I walked in my room(Room 281) I found that the white carpet had a few stains on it, the furniture looked dated and used and in the bathroom the tile work near the bathtub was cracked and some tiles missing and the sink in the bathroom showed signs of wear. All and all this is a great property within a good walking and driving distance to all major shopping in the Fredericton area. The pros if the hotel is proximity from all the shopping and the friendly staff. The cons Stay in one of the newly renovated rooms rather than the executive wing.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear StephanRichard,

Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate having you as a regular clients and your comments on our personnel are much appreciated. I agree that our location in the heart of the shopping district is a strength of our property.

I could not agree more that our executive rooms needs some renovations and our budgets have been made to allow for this early next year. This fall we have upgraded to Fiber Opt internet throughout the entire property and in a few short weeks we will be upgrading to a new HD package for channels in both official languages.

We are committed to this ongoing process and look forward to you seeing our planned renovations in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel layout is a bit confusing. Needs better access to elevators. Beds are comfy and clean. Maid service is excellent. The pool is unheated and freezing also very small but overall worth the trip. We will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear lsteeves23,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our property. You kind comments in regards to our Housekeeping Team and our pillow-top mattress' are very much appreciated.

In reference to the elevator, it was an after thought to the layout of the Inn and it was the only possible location. I do find that it allows easy access to the top floor for those parking in the back lot to go up all 3 levels. I do agree that it is an inconvenience for guests walking from the main lobby.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.