“Great place to travel with pets!”
Review of Fredericton Inn

Fredericton Inn
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Great place to travel with pets!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently stayed 5 nights at the Fred'ton Inn while attending a Specialty Dog Show. The hotel was the host hotel for the event. Their set-up for pet-friendly accomodations is one of the best I have encountered! The pet rooms are non-smoking, accessible from ground floor entrances and all open up to a very large, grassy courtyard. Parking was easily available near entrances. It was perfect for me travelling with two dogs. The pet fee is a flat one-time fee and was very reasonable.

I had requested a refrigerator in my room and upon checking in, noted that the fridge wasn't working. Within half an hour, the hotel went out and purchased a brand new fridge for me. There was no hesitation on their part and I had what I needed to make my stay easier.

Room was spacious, bright, clean and well appointed. Looked like new carpet on the floors.

Breakfast in the dining room was fast, good and reasonably priced, with good service.

I definitely recommend this property for people travelling with pets :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room with a fridge and a sliding door rather than a man-door.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear WendyCR

We were pleased to be chosen as the Host Property for this specialty dog show. I would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. Your comments regards our property and personnel are very much appreciated.

We hope to enhance our courtyard in 2014 to create an even better experience for our guests traveling with pets.

We hope to see you in the future.

Owner/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We didn't know what to expect and picked the Fredericton Inn on our way from Quebec to Nova Scotia. We were delighted. The front desk staff (especially Andrew) were so helpful. We had been trying to book on the ferry St Joh to Digby and had experience difficulties getting through, Andrew got through toll free straightaway and helped us to sort things out. There service in the restaurant was excellent. The staff were very pleasant, knowledgable and interested in us as people rather than just customers. The food (we had the lobster) was tasty and beautifully presented. The restaurant has a charm of days past, white linen tables cloths and cost chintzy decor. Our recommendation is that you look beyond the decor of the rooms as this hotel has lots to offer, great location, convenient rooms for luggage, a indoor pool, hot tub and a gym, which although not state of the art modern in its decor offers everything you need. The pool is a reasonable good length so you can exercise its also cool temperature which is nice for doing a few lengths before breakfast. This is an independently run hotel and I am so please we found it on our travels.

Room Tip: we had a room with parking outside, which was really useful for a one-night stopover, very convenien...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear FionaHolidays13,

As an independent family owned and operated business which employs over 90 staff we truly appreciate each and every one of our guests. I would like to thank you on behalf of all here at the Fredericton Inn for writing a review of our property. I am so pleased that you gave us the opportunity to share our customer service with you.

We wish you safe travels while touring the Maritimes and thank you once again for your support.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The rooms are fairly large, but the hotel is showing its age. It has not been renovated since the 1980s, so the rooms are dated, with stained carpets. The rooms are clean, but there were signs of water damage from leaks in the room and in the pool area, and water leaking around the windows in the lobby. The service is not particularly friendly - we were there 4 days and no one really spoke to us. The pool is very heavily clorinated, and is in a very dark area in the basement, with drapes covering all the windows. We had a function for 19 people in the dining room, which was not great. The seating area was crowded, and the buffet was not great for the price ($17.95 for overcooked roast beef and seafood casserole). The service in the dining room was not great - we finished our meals around 9:00 pm, and the servers did not seem to want to offer us dessert, even though it was clearly a special occasion. The staff also seemed unable to run our credit cards through the machine, so leaving took forever. I would not recommend the restaurant at all, and I would stay at one of the newer hotels along the highway if you can get a good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing closest to Regent Street.
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear kmc1071,

I appreciate your review of our property they will be shared with all of our Staff. We regularly discuss the importance of eye contact and communication with our customers and I have confidence in our personnel here at the Inn.

I can assure you that we shampoo daily here at the Fredericton Inn. With 200 Guest Rooms and a number of meeting rooms it is necessary to maintain our product. This requires a coordinated effort between all of our departments.

I apologize for the inconveniences which have left a bad impression of our property. I guarantee that renovations are constant and we strive for 100% satisfaction with our customers.

Sorry for letting you down.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

too bad we only stayed one night
right off the highway,very convenient
fine spacious room
drove in from quebec city, just in time for the dinner buffet
with seafood stew and roast beef, salad for less than $20. dessert extra
hot tub and pool downstairs, to soak and soothe from the long drive.
easy choice for a return visit....

Room Tip: rooms in the southwing,corner had 3 windows, very bright, spacious, and further away from the weddin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
johnwaite, Guest Relations Manager at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear billybitzer,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Fredericton Inn. I am glad you enjoyed the accommodations and the Buffet in the Regency which we feature every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evening.

Many of our guests enjoy our indoor pool, hot tub as well as our exercise facilities and we are pleased you took advantage of these amenities during your stay.

Again, thank you for your remarks and we look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Darrell Brewer
Front Desk Manager
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

restaurant's are the best things about this outdated place. the rooms and beds are older then me and I was born years ago.you can do a lot better for cheaper.keep on trucking and find a modern place and you will be happier

johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Retired007sj,

As a family business we are extremely pleased with the 90 people that work here at the Inn. We are constantly upgrading as you see in other reviews. Being part of the family who owns the Inn, I can assure you that our Inn is appreciated by many.

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

But, the saving grace with this establishment is with the excellent value in service received from the staff. The on-site eating establishments are clean, well managed and the staff, once again, are top-notch. The food was excellent and a great choice of desserts were offered. If the rooms and hallways were totally refurbished this Inn would receive a high score from me. My room had a dirty, stained, carpet. The mattresses on the beds have seen better days. The odor from the air conditioning was sickening. The tiles in the bathroom need updating. There did appear to be new curtains since my last visit, but little else in the way of updates. The hallways smell like an old brewery. If it hadn't been for the wonderful food, and staff, I would have marked this place off of my return-to list. (The pool area and hot tub are fine.) Easy access to the highway and shopping.

johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Retired007_13,

Thank you for writing a review on our property. Your comments will be shared with all 90 employees here at the Inn. I am very proud of the people I work with and we realize the age of the Inn.

We have recently replaced most of the mattress’ in our Guest Rooms and continue to renovate and upgrade. As owner of the Inn, I can guarantee you that I walk the halls every day and my staff and I are continually improving this family owned and run business.

John Waite
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night enroute to Nova Scotia. The hotel was clean but 1970's dated. The indoor pool and hot tub area also very clean but uninviting because the smell of chlorine/bleach was too strong. I guess I'm annoyed because on different sites this hotel was rated quite high when in fact I expected something more because of its high rating.
Staff was helpful.
I booked this on Expedia and ended up paying more for this property than if I had booked it direct. I felt Expedia was somewhat deceptive in that they said it was one price but ended up paying another price. I contacted Expedia and they gave me some industry jargon about the price so won't be using Expedia again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Iris95,

Thank you for your review of our property, your kind comments in relation to the cleanliness of our Inn as well as our Staff are greatly appreciated. Being a family owned and run business that has been in the community for several decades we are continually updating and improving our facilities.

From time to time it is found that by calling the property directly there are in house special rates or promotions going on. Our Front Desk agents would be happy to assist you with your reservations in the future.

We hope to see you again and safe travels.