“Plan to go back in August”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fredericton Inn

Fredericton Inn
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Dartmouth, Canada
“Plan to go back in August”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a drive up room, I guess because of the price we paid, 109 per night. I don't really care for drive up rooms, I just don't particularly feel safe, but the other door went into the hall way, so I didn't ask to be moved.
The WiFi was fast, better than the last place we went to.
The shower had hot water, and time we showered, however a bigger shower head would have been better, I found it hard to get the shampoo out of my hair.

The girls at the desk when we checked in on Thursday, were helpful and very friendly.

The room was clean, and as some said dated, which was no big deal.

We found it to be very quiet considering we were on the parking lot, facing the mall, until Saturday night, apparently a wedding going on, I guess after the reception, they went back to their room, which was next to hours, and continued the party on the walkway, in front of our room, They had awaken me, with their laughing and talking, people drinking don't realize how loud they are, and smoking. I think the smoking right out side of my air conditioner is what annoyed me the most, as I don't think they were smoking just cigarette's , and the smell was coming into my room, I was giving them another hour ,I was thinking to my self, to quiet down before I called down to the desk, and they did quiet down.

We never did go down to the restaurant, so I cannot comment on that.

We used the pool and hot tub, the pool is quite small and only 5ft deep at the deep end, which is fine for me, as |I am not a confident swimmer. But they both were clean, the first time we went down, there were no towels, but I always take my own towels with me, so that was no big deal.

We had planned on using the gym, but after 2 hour workout in the pool, we didn't bother, but the gym, looked good, for the equipment that I usually use, it would have suited my needs.

We did enjoy our stay there, 3 days, and do plan to return, but I may ask for an inside room next time, if I can get a good deal.

Room Tip: We were in the back I guess you would say, 207, facing the mall. We found it quite, with the excepti...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear FayeM411,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on our property. We do have units on the interior of our property with one queen bed and seating area at the same price, which I feel would be a great choice for your return stay in August.

For the convenience of our guest, we do have security on in the evenings to assist with clients whom are not respectful to our other guests. I am sorry that this caused you an inconvenience while staying at our Inn. I appreciate having you as a client and look forward to serving you in August.

Owner/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Everything was rough around the edges, dated, and of questionable cleanliness...but with carpet that old you can only get them so clean. Years of stains tend to give it a bad image. I also found toenails or fingernail clippings in a chair in the room which was disgusting.

When we checked in we noticed that everything in our room seemed just a little damp but thought it was our mind playing tricks on us or that the carpet had just been cleaned. We then started to notice the bedding was rather musty. It was about this time we realized it was due to the combination of high humidity and the air conditioner not working as our room was warm and quite humid. I went to the reception and the staff informed me that they would send a porter to see if the air conditioner was working properly although I had assured her it was not. When the porter arrived he informed us that we needed to turn on the switch to heat vice cool to get the a/c to function. It still did not work properly.

The staff very quickly got us into another room which was better climitized.

I was informed at check in that there were towels in the pool area, but after swimming with my young son we discovered no clean towels...there were plenty of used wet towels all over though even though in the hour we were there we only saw a couple others in the pool area. We then needed to return to our room dripping wet. Frustrating.

That evening I discovered there were two weddings and pounding loud music was played until 1 am. When I enquired about the music, the staff informed me there was a wedding and they could do nothing about it.

After all that when I checked out I was told that I needed to pay full rate or they would simply charge the credit card. There was apperently no one there until the following day that could reduce my rate.

Pathetic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear IrishPeac0ck,

I appreciate your criticisms of our property and can only assure you that carpets, beds, televisions etc are on a constant upgrade in a property of this size. Our Head Housekeeper has been given your comments about unacceptable room cleanliness and it will be shared with all of our staff here at the Inn.

The Fredericton area has been experiencing very high humidity levels lately and even my home has been damp. We do everything in our power to make our rooms are comfortable for our guests but unfortunately there is no control over mother nature. Our maintenance staff are on constant rotation to check that our Air Conditioning Units are labeled appropriately and are functioning properly.

Our pool area towels are restocked periodically throughout the day and I will be looking into our inventory to make certain we have enough on hand to handle the increase in occupancy and in use of our Indoor Pool. In regards to pool towels being left in the area, we will be addressing this issue with our staff to make sure the area is well kept for our guests.

We are fortunate to be a full service property which hosts weddings as well. We do allow the Dances to go to 1:00 am on occasion as it is a special day for our clients. Our Front Desk agents attempt to assign rooms to ensure that our guests who are not here for the event are not disturbed and this issue will be reiterated to our Staff.

I am pleased that our Front Desk Agents were able to change you to a room that you found more acceptable and would like to apologize for your overall experience with us. We are constantly updating and improving our property and I do hope you would consider staying with us again so that we may alter your impression of the Fredericton Inn.

Safe Travels,

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Spent 4 days/nights at the hotel last week with Order of the Eastern Star and have done this for the number of years I have lost count Rooms are clean Staff are friendly and go the extra mile and meals are great. An added bonus is being next door to the Mall Ruth S.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 77abbie,

I would like to thank you for writing a review on our property. Being a family owned business we do our best to accommodate all of our guests. We take pride in hosting the Order of the Eastern Star Annual Meeting each year and we look forward to serving you again in 2014.

Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a night at this hotel. After treking for 14 hours from Ontario it was a welcome sight. Here are the the pro's and con's from my perspective.

PROS
- Great location
- Decent price (about $120 for the night).
- Very comfortable bed
- Great breakfast (with gluten free options)
- Nice modern rooms
- Relatively clean

CONS
- Lots of dust all over the walls above the bed
- Matress cover was ripped and torn with no fitted matress sheet. Kinda gross.
- Room felt very damp
- Despite the menu stating room service until 22:30 when we called at 22:00 they told us no more food.
- Some dated fixtures throughout the hotel, not really a big deal.

All in all not a bad experience overall. However I'd probably pay $90 to $100 for the night. Its a good place to spend the night.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ivan M
Dear Ivan M,

I would like to thank you for pointing out the positive and negative points that you experienced during your stay here at the Inn. I assure you that we have a maintenance schedule to ensure each room is deep cleaned periodically. I will be reviewing our schedule to ensure that no rooms have been overlooked.

As of July 18 we have ordered 36 Dozen Queen fitted sheets and we are constantly assessing and updating our Televisions, Beds, Carpets etc. This is an ongoing procedure and we hope you will stay with us again to see these changes taking place.

Dalhousie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

i just returned home after spending 4 days/nights at the Fredericton Inn where I attended the annual meeting for NB grand chapter order of the Eastern Star..The meals were excellent,the staff friendly and helpful and our room very comfortable. I have stayed there several times and will stay there again.i highly recommend The Inn as the place to stay in Fredericton.an added bonus was the inn was next door to a mall... Betty

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Betty D,

It is an honor to have been chosen as the host property for the Order of the Eastern Star Annual Convention for the past 15 years consecutively. We have had a great working relationship with the Order going back 25 years and we are looking forward to many more years.

We are very fortunate to have the largest mall in our community next to our property and feel it is much like having the largest gift shop in the city with our adjoining parking lots.

We appreciate having you as a guest and we look forward to serving you again next July.

Enjoy the Summer.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I wrote a review of the Inn last Christmas when I came through and yes, am going to do so again because it's just that good. It's so nice to arrive late again with no reservation and have expectations of a quality experience and have them be so consistently good on a second visit. The staff member on desk at 1 am was a cheery English gent, the rate was more than fair and the room was spotless. The room decor is updated and extensive: sofa, large flat TV, leather business chair, etc, all in perfect shape... and in fact better than some famous hotels in major cities I've stayed at and if not completely contemporary, at last not dated. The bed was also wonderfully soft and there were four great pillows. There was Colombian coffee for the machine and free wifi that works. This is a well-run hotel and considering that the price is the same or LESS than most of the chain hotels nearby, it's amazing place. Shame on the chains for not doing better - they should be half the price, not more. If only all hotels everywhere were this good. I actually look forward to coming here when am on the road and once again, it's sooo nice to arrive at a place you can trust will shine through and not gouge you. Well done and thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Colin F,

We are very fortunate to have customers like you. I appreciate you choosing the Fredericton Inn as your home while on the road. I will share your kind comments with our Front Desk Agent Terry and the rest of our team here at the Inn.

We look forward to your next stay with us and wish you safe travels through our region.

Eastern Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Fredericton Inn made our daughters wedding reception and stay a "wedding to remember". No matter what was asked of them they rose to the occasion and went above and beyond the call of duty to make the reception and our stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. Good food, great service! I can't remember all there names, but a few of our favorite were Prince Darryl and all the front desk staff, Alex, Mr. 'B' (Brad) and the rest of the guys who helped us set up and clean up and one very nice lady, I think she's the banquet manager, did an awesome job. The all couldn't be more helpful. Take a bow all of you! We would recommend them to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank D&S.Canada
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear D&S.Canada,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Fredericton Inn as the venue for your daughter’s special day.

I am very pleased with your comments in relationship to our team. The Inn is very fortunate to have many outstanding personnel to assist clients.

Thank you once again for writing a review on our Inn. We look forward to serving you again in the future.