“Room was dirty.”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
London, Canada
“Room was dirty.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed last year in this hotel but this year I was very upset. My room was not very clean. I found hair in my bathtub, washroom floor and on the bed. there was stain on the carpet as well. My previous experience was not that bad with this hotel but I really do not know what happened in this year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Wanda D,

I am sorry for your recent experience at our Inn. I have brought your concerns forward to the proper personnel using the words “unacceptable”. I appreciate your comments, guests such as yourself only want our property to be better for everyone.

Sincerely
John W. Waite
Owner/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
St. Stephen, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel several times over the last 5 years and have always found the service very good.The staff have always been very friendly and helpful. We have dined at all three restaurants and the food has always been very good. All in all we have never had a bad experience at thishotel. The hotle is nextto the Regent Mall which is another plus. Also it is not far from all the new shops that have opened down the street like Marios, Bath and Beyond Winners etc.

Room Tip: We reserve in the Tower. The rooms here are better quality and are either Queen, or Executive. Also...
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Joyce M,

We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home and want to thank you for your kind words in regards to our people and property.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you once again.

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here on our way from NS to ON during a storm after Christmas. From the street and foyer we expected the hotel to be far higher priced than what we were interested in paying. We had driven by the typical chain hotels and decided we would rather pay the higher price and stay at the Fredericton Inn. We were very pleased with the more than competitive price they gave us for a king room. The bedding was clean and attractive and we slept very comfortably. The room was very clean although there was a bit of a stain on the rug which we thought management would want to know about but we forgot to mention. The hot breakfast was very good and the service was extremely attentive and kind. I would highly recommend this hotel. I also really appreciated that it is a successful family-run business in this world of franchises and big box retail.

johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Janet P,

Thank you for choosing the Fredericton Inn. We appreciate your kind remarks and hope to see you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was on a road trip over the holidays and came into Fredericton late and tired. I asked at the gas station where a good place to stay might be and they recommended the HoJo, which I checked out and wasn't impressed. Next, I tried the Comfort Inn and I was not only not impressed but they wanted $120+ for the night at what's essentially a basic motel! I was contemplating just getting back on the highway when I spotted the Fredericton Inn and thought I'd try one last time. To my delight, the hotel (it is an actual hotel) was warm and welcoming and the price was less than both of the previous lacklustre motels, even including tax! I was then upgraded to a suite and it was one of the nicer rooms I've ever stayed in. The bed was a quality sleep and comfy, they had a good flat screen (funny how even some major chains still have crappy tube TVs) and the room spacious and spotless. What else can I say other than "thank you" for turning what was turning out to be a debacle into delightful experience. Don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Colin F,

We are pleased that we could create a nice experience while staying here at the Inn. We build our family business one customer at a time and we look forward to your next stay. All the best in 2013

Regards
novascotia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

When checking ii the Front Desk staff were very helpful.It was Christmas and everything looked beautiful. We stayed here last year on our way back from Ottawa and it was so nice to see the same staff and to be treated so well.There was a Special buffet on and it was great ,very good value and friendly waitress! Would stay here again when in Fredericton !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank triphoppernovascotia
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Triphoppernovascotia,

Your support is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you in 2013. Thank you.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2012

we had a great stay we stayed in a deluxe king suite and it was a very nice room, we had the holiday special that included breakfast and it was a nice hot breakfast. our stay was very quiet and clean. The hot tub was nice although a little old fashioned. We would stay here again .

Room Tip: Not sure what a standard room is like but the suite was great.
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear claudette1,

We wish you a Happy New Year and all the best in 2013. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I loved that this hotel is a family run business started 40 years ago by a couple whose children now run it. The location was kind of weird; surrounded by every big box shopping store in the nation, it was a short drive through heavy traffic to the older part of the city.
The hotel was comfortable and reasonably clean. It was a bit loud outside our room at night due to several Christmas parties going on but the noise stopped within 2 minutes of our call to the front desk. The front desk clerk was very nice about letting us check out late in the day due to an impending snowstorm. The maid service went above and beyond in doing up our room for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Tamar D,

We are pleased to be at the heart of the I.T. and Shopping District of our community. We feel as though we have the largest gift shop in Atlantic Canada by sharing our parking lot with our Communities Largest Shopping Center.

Your kind comments are appreciated and we look forward to serving you again in the future.