“DISAPPOINTING”
Review of Fredericton Inn

Fredericton Inn
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were there with our daughters team. We have stayed there in the past and were happy with it so decided to use these accomodations again.
Lets start with the good:
The early check in we had requested was ready by noon.
Our room had been updated/modernized and looked very nice.
Clean pool area.
We were given a good sized room for the team to have their pizza party.
The houseman got our heat/conditioning fixed quickly & offered for us to change rooms if he couldn't get it fixed.
Another staff member spent a good hour running around the hotel looking for the right plug for our tub as there wasnt one.
We had no problem getting a late check out for Sunday after the team played their game.
BEST part of all....The bartender in the lounge made the BEST Singapore Slings I've drank in almost 20 years. Kudos to you sir !! (Would LOVE to get that exact recipe)
Now, for the downfalls of our stay:
As we were getting settled we noticed blood on the pillowcase. GROSS !!
No plug for the tub !!
Poor shower pressure & the water never really got "hot".
Wi-fi was slow !!
Rooms were quite hot. Hard to get them regulated. Most of the team didnt get much sleep due to this.
No mini fridge.
Service in the restaurant was POOR !! Two of us were ordering off the buffet, the other three wanted to order from the menu. The waitress never came back for almost 15 minutes !! Next, the bill was crazy. We decided to get up early the next morning and go to Cora's as it was about the same price but better service and the quality of food was better.
Another family we were with went down to have breakfast and waited 15 minutes just to get menus. They ended up leaving and ate somewhere else.
Another thing I noticed and didnt like was that a plate & a couple glasses had sat in our hallway since morning til almost 10pm before anyone came to pick them up.
I hope this hotel really takes these comments seriously and improves. After all, it is a nice hotel in a great part of the city. It could easily be the BEST.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Kelly D,

I would like to thank you for staying with us. I appreciate having you as a client and thank you for the positive comments in relationship to our facility and personnel. I will be addressing the negative points with my supervisors to resolve the issues you presented.

In reference to Wi-fi, we have recently purchased 20 meg internet from our service provider and are in the process of regulating the usage. To assist us with solving this concern we have put comment cards in our guest rooms to evaluate the internet function.

I have NB Power on the property today, March 29, 2012, to check all of our water tanks in need of repair or element replacements. I have contacted a plumbing company and ordered new drain-plugs for our tubs. We expect to receive same within a week.

The unacceptable service will be addressed and we will strive for better results. Once again, your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

John Waite,

There are newer reviews for Fredericton Inn

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I wasn't going to stay another day after last night but the staff was great and after moving twice the gave me room 231. Now its not as big as my room last night but the bed is 1000x better and it has a flat screen tv. Im satisfied now.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Hotel is ok but the restaurant is way over priced. Also why doesn't my "new" room have a mini fridge or a microwave or a modern TV. I have read all of John Waite's replies and not impressed. I stay 300+- days a year in hotels and im not impressed at all. Also when i sat on my bed I fell into the middle like the mattress was trying to eat me. Front desk staff was great on check in and the bartender in the lounge was great. One other huge issue I have is they still use keys to get in. Its 2012 lets get with it and put more secure access in. CONSTRUCTION ppl started banging on walls at 8:45am. When I called to complain the management offered me free breakfast. I dont want breakfast I want to sleep. Everyone knows you either dont start work until after checkout or dont put guests in that area of the hotel

• Stayed: March 2012
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Norther,

I thank you for your kind comments in relationship to our personnel. I understand you are affiliated with Corporate Lodging, a large client of ours, and we are always looking for ways to improve and satisfy our business clients. Approximately 115 of our 199 rooms are equipped with flat screen televisions, and we hope by April 1, 2013 to have all rooms equipped as such. It is unfortunate that you were assigned a room with our older televisions.

I agree that key-card-locks are more popular with customers in the hotel industry. We will have completed installation of these new locks on our third floor by April 9, 2012 and our entire facility will be equipped with key-car-locks by end of summer 2012.

We do not provide fridges or microwaves in every room, however being a full-service property we accommodate all of our guests by making these amenities available at no charge upon request. We also offer room service from 7am - 10:30pm to attend to our guests food and beverage needs.

I would like to apologize for your room location being near to construction, and the subsequent noise disturbance. I am glad our front desk staff was able to accommodate and move you to another room location, free of noise, on the other side of our property. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience this caused.

Once again thank you for your comments as they only help us to better serve our customers.

Owner/General Manager

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was satisfied with this hotel until I went for my free breakfast the next morning. I was there with two other people and we sat down in the restaurant for our breakfast. We sat for 20 minutes and no one came to serve us. We waved our hand to signal the waitress, but she ignored us. There was a couple beside us who were also waiting. After much frustration, the lady finally got up and went to get the waitress. So after waiting all that time, I had to get up and leave because my meeting was starting in half an hour. The manager at the hotel excused the bad service and told me she would give me free breakfast the next time I came to stay with them!? (breakfast was included in the price)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear Sophie H,

In reference to this complaint I once again apologize to you, as stated in my letter forwarded to you via mail on March 2, 2012.

Although we were understaffed due to illness I agree there is no excuse for untimely service. We have discussed this concern as a team and I have emphasized the importance of quality customer service.

My good will as stated in the letter is still offered to you.

Owner/General Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was extremely pleased with my room. It was very clean, quiet, spacious & comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. I was only there for one night but I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Denise,

First may I thank you for your kind words, and I appreciate having you as a client. I look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fredericton Inn from 1 Feb 12 to 5 Feb 12. The staff treated us very professionally. They were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. They accomodated our pet with no problem what so ever. Our room was very clean and quiet. We would definately reccomend this Inn to all our friends and family. We will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: The lady who took our reservation reccomended with our pet that we take a room that opens into the c...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank grampyken
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at the Fredericton Inn many times in my capacity as a union activist. The Fredericton is our hotel of choice not because it is fancy but because of the experience we have when we stayed there. The staff have bent over backwards to accommodate us each and every time we have been there for negotiations, conferences or business. The room although not fancy are functional, and clean. The staff are top notched. From Jill at the desk, to Beckkie in the Restaurant, these people and their co-worker go above and beyond each and every time. Is there sometimes problem? Of course there are, but the difference is that these folks note it and attempt to fix it for next time. John should be proud of his staff, because they are great and they do him proud each and every time.

Room Tip: The drive ups are very convenient if you are traveling and have to unload your stuff once you are th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike C
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

I’d like to thank you for your continuous patronage of our property. The loyal support of labor employees has been very much appreciated by the people at the Fredericton Inn. Being a family business we take great pride in our hotel and are very fortunate to have many top notch people helping us with our customer service. Thank you for your comments.

Owner/Manager