“Excellent East Side Mario's Experience”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #143 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My boyfriend & I had always wanted to try East Side Marios in Fredericton. The opportunity finally presented itself when we went on vacation. Arrived at the restaurant at 4:00 PM. Within about 45 seconds of stepping in the door, we were greeted by the hostess, who gave us the option of the dining room or bar area. We chose the bar area. We sat down & our server appeared at the table within 2 minutes, menus in hand. She let us know the specials, and asked what we would like to drink. She took our drink orders & was back with them within a moment or two. We ordered our starters (I had the Calamari Diavlo & my boyfriend the stuffed mushrooms ~ both starters were really yummy), and they were served to us within 10 minutes. Our main meals arrived about 10 minutes after we had finished out starters. My boyfriend chose the steak pepperonata, which he fully enjoyed. His steak was cooked exactly the way that he wanted, too. I chose the Scallop Carbonara, which was mouthwatering. Our server came around to check on us several times and got us refills on our drinks. We were full with our meals & she packed up the leftovers for us to take back to the hotel with us. We had a wonderful experience at East Side Marios and we will go back.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place was so bad it was funny. except I had to pay for the chuckle.

I ate at East Side Mario's and the veal parmigiana was so bad that I couldn't finish it. The service was also slow and unfriendly. After I got home I was motivated, for the first time ever, to send a comment to the company to tell them of my experience because if they are going to improve and stay in business they should know what's going on.

A few days later I got a phone call from the manager who apologized for the bad experience and told me he was going to send me some vouchers so that I could come back and give them another chance.

I used those vouchers for my next meal there and it was worse.

I give up. I am not willing to spend money for bad food and poor service. I have eaten at several East Side Mario's locations and liked them all but the Fredericton location is off my list.

1  Thank Rik T
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I have drastically cut down on dining out since costs have continued soaring and the level of service has taken the opposite trip and has been on a rapid decline.
However, for our anniversary we planned on dining at East Side Marios in Fredericton. We were familiar with the menu and we have our favorite items that we order.
We arrived at the restaurant on Victoria Day (Monday 21st May) and the place was a ghost town. Wow, I was eagerly awaiting a good table and great service! Wrong on both counts. We had no kids and were dressed well. The hostess gave us two choices to dine; the bar or the dining room. We chose the dining room since it had a great number of tables empty and we could eat and enjoy each others' company. The hostess brought us to a booth directly beside a large table of three families and very young children. What professional service person would do this? We love children and have a large family of our own but we were not with them. We were forced to endure the children running wild and their loud conversation which was used to rise above their kids. Not the atmosphere we had hoped for. This basically ruined the night for the both of us. I have service experience and you never place a couple on a night out next to a young family. The two go together like oil and water. It shows the lack of care and training given to the staff.
Our waitress was not having a good night. It was obvious she did not want to be there. The service that we should have received since it was dead never happened. We saw her to order, and to pay the bill. It was the restaurants chance to wow the few people that were eating that night. It was almost as though we were in the way.
We ordered a drink each and my beer arrived with no life in it. I knew it as soon as she delivered it. There were no bubbles and no head on the beer. It was flat or stale depending on you view point. There was no possible way that the bartender could not have noticed while pouring it. I was forced to exchange it for another brand of beer. So much for being taken care of.
The food was alright; not great. The value for East Side Marios left the building along with the service. We shared one appetizer, ordered one drink each and our main course. The bill was well over 70 dollars without the tip. Ridiculous!!
The service plus the food was not nearly worth the price tag.
Save your hard earned money and eat at home.

1  Thank micksizepint
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I love the food, buzz and service at East Side Marios. The pizzas are my favourite food items at this restaurant.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

One of the busiest places in Fredericton, been three times and had to wait for a table each time, only 5-10 minutes though. Typical ESM food, better service than most though!