“Surprise disappointment”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #48 of 230 Restaurants in Fredericton
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have dined here several times in the past and have been very satisfied, but were very surprised on our last visit. The service was extremely slow, the waitress one of the most unfriendly we've ever encountered, and the food not up to par, with tough sirloin, hardly any mushrooms, and a piddly serving of mashed potatoes. We won't be returning any time soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I signed up to Montanas Meat Lovers club and received a coupon for a free app so my wife and I decided to go. The atmoshpere is very nice and cozy and the servers are very friendly. The menu is somewhat limited and the food was good, but not spectacular. I found the prices to be a little high, but there were good sized portions.

My wife order a quarter chicken dinner with white meat, but after a few minute the server came back and told her it would be 45 minutes to get white meat. She decided to try to bbq chicken fajita instead, which was $6 more, but when the bill came she was only charged the price of the chicken dinner which I thought was a nice touch and will make me go back in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Good as far as this sort of thing goes. Fast lunches, big wood beams, a hunting or ski lodge feel. Food is pretty good. I've always been able to find something pretty good here.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

A had heard good things about Montana's Cookhouse and wanted to try it myself for some time. When I got around to finally doing so recently, it was a bit of a let down. The title of the review pretty much says it all. I found Montana's to be very average. the food, the service, the atmosphere, all just fair. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich from their lunch menu and it would have been excellent, had it been brought out fresh. It was on a nice toasted baguette with a layer of cheese which was something you don't normally see in a pulled pork sandwich. As I said, this would have been great fresh, but the sandwich had obviously been sitting for a while as the cheese hardened up and the meat was lukewarm. Still wasn't bad, just a bit disappointing. The sweet potato fries were just your run of the mill type, as was the dipping sauce. On the other hand, the person I was eating with really enjoyed the chili so maybe mine was just a rare miss.

Bottom line, Montana's isn't a bad place if you want a basic quick meal for a low price. For those who want better quality options that you expect from a cookhouse, you may want to look elsewhere. I would go back for the good prices, but maybe with much lower expectations. There is definitely room for improvement at Montana's Cookhouse in my opinion.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I visited Montana's the evening of March 30, 2012. The restaurant was practically empty, we were sat, our drink order was taken and at the same time we ordered our meal. The server never returned to refill coffee or my wife's drink, we waited and waited then after an hour from the time we were sat, we left some change on the table for the drinks and walked to the front of the restaurant, we took our time putting on our coats at the door, hoping we would see a manager or even a host to mention our experience to. Instead we found a young man in dirty kitchen clothes sitting on the counter at the host stand talking to a friend on the phone. Even he did not acknowledge us. Montana's was once a favorite restaurant of ours, but we have not since returned.