“Hidden gem just outside Fredericton” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Airport Inn
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Appleton Wisconsin
“Hidden gem just outside Fredericton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Summary:
Wouldn't know it from the outside, but this was a very nice place to stay for a night.

Good:
* Roomy & comfortable beds
* Great value
* Friendly and helpful staff

Average:
* Decent assortment of breakfast items for not being a chain hotel, though only carb selections, no hot selections like eggs, sausage or biscuits

Things to Note:
* Lots of road noise (Trucks using engine brakes)
* Location is a bit outside of town between Fredericton and Oromocto

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint Hubert, Quebec.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed one night in the newer section, room was very clean and bed very comfortable. Nice simply and good breakfast. Only complaint was I heard walking above my room a few times, but no place is super soundproof and I am a light sleeper.I would stay here if back in area. Very friendly manager and owner Sue and her husband. There are two sides to this motel, one on left side is for workers,on weekly stays older side and newer side is about 4 or 5 years old and very nice and clean.

Room Tip: You can always ask to see the room before making your decision,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stay one night at Airport Inn. The double room was nice, the breakfast good and the price was very comptetitive. Only 10 min from Fredericton. We really suggest you to make a stop in this motel when visiting the town.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We found our room to be immaculate and nice. Only drawbacks were high price and lots of spiders. Owner Ann is very nice and friendly. As a frequent traveler I would rate this as a $60 room and we paid $95. Very comfortable. All local hotels are into price gouging and their reasoning is "everyone else is charging high prices so we do the same". It is rated as a 3 star motel by Canada hotel rating system. A nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Miramichi, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed in the newer building both times. Its not luxury of the rich and famous but its clean and affordable. Plus, our flight leaves at 5:30am and its better than driving wee hours of the night. Now, if we could just find a taxi that charges a fair price to the airport!!!
The room was clean, no smell of smoke, quiet and lots of towels and pillows. We will return.
Florida here we come!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vacationvillagrande
Holmes Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The outside of the building that I was in (there are 3) looked pretty beat up and I was skeptical. However, I came into a newly renovated room that was sparkling clean. The bathroom is quite impressive as well. I was also emailing the owner the night before at around 9 or 10 and she was getting back to me right away. It was excellent.. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I phoned to make a reservation and all was ok. I asked if there were smoking rooms, the lady said no.. no smoking in hotel rooms. I said good, and happened to mention that a company recently were prosecuted for making false claims that the guests were smoking. She went berserk and raised her voice . I told her that I wasnt saying they would do it but her bad command of english let her down i think. She then hung up on me after i heard her husband tell her to hang up.. I wouldn't touch that place with a barge pole now... and recommend you do the same. after reading what she did to the people that drove all that distance i wouldnt recommend anyone touch this place.

Stayed February 2013
Sue2251, Owner at Airport Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
The most appalling thing for this hotel is my guest checked in a smoke free room that smells smoke.
As our guests found out, for a two star hotel like us, we don't have anything fancy to offer, but we do take our hygiene very seriously. As owner of the property, I had to turn away business sometimes for the respect of my guests.

Yes,Mr.Reviewscot called to make reservation, when I told him the card number he is trying to give me is not a credit card number, he said it's a debit card, then he give me a master card number to reserve the room. Once smoking mentioned, I made myself clear,we charge from people's credit card if they smoke in the room, if they are smokers and wanted to smoke in the room, please call a hotel with smoking rooms. He said he is not a smoker and went on about hotel got sued and lost by charging their guests falsely for smoking in the room...

If I was wrong to assume Mr. Reviewscot is a smoker, I apologize. For the years in hotel business, I trust my instinct which was right most of the time.

As the owner of Airport Inn. I do appreciate and value our guests' reivews, I learnt a lot about how should we improve our service from your kind suggestions. Like order separate bakage of cream, sugar instead of condiment pack. Turn up heat before our guests arrive... We are renovating some of our dated rooms so we will have four more brand new rooms this summer. Our breakfast place is undergoing renovation and will open this summer. Face lifting for the exterior of my office which is suggested by our guests is also in progress...

We will keep on doing our best to maintain the clean,smoke free,friendly environment for our guests to enjoy. Thank you for taking your time to write us reviews and sorry for not responding to your reivews one by one.