“Great value”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Chestermere, AB
“Great value”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Clean, quiet, huge rooms with fridge, microwave, TV. This rating applies to the new section, although I believe the old section is not used as a motel anymore. One of the cheapest places in the area. No airport noise. Staff is friendly. Keep phoning if they don't answer: I think the desk person does everything.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The hotel was clean and really nothing wrong with it if you are not travelling with a baby that is. However myself and my husband and our 8 month old son stayed there for one night in January 2011. We were flying into frederickton on a late flight and needed a place to stay before driving to our destination. We chose a place closest to the airport. If you are looking for somewhere close to the airport then this is also a good place to stay.

However my son needed formula made everyday and so I booked a room with a kitchenette. The kitchenette was not stocked. It had no pots or pans or utensils of any kind so I was unable to make formula. I cannot understand how a room with a kitchenette would not have pots and pans. Did they think people were going to be carrying it around in their luggage? So I was really disappointed with that and give it a poor review simply because it didn't meet the exact requirement I needed.

We flew into Freddy in a terrible blizzard and when we got to the room it was ice cold. We would have appreciated with a baby if they'd have cranked the heat for us. We sat around in our coats until it heated up.

But if you are looking for a clean, quiet place to stay it does the job no frills.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Stayed for 1 night, September 10-11. Reserved one room at the nightly rate of $70 CAD. I booked my room directly by telephone. Having identified Fredericton as a place to stay, I was encouraged by the TripAdvisor reviews and gave this place a try.

At check-in, I didn't have to ring the office bell as a barking dog greeted me. The owner came out from the back, and his dog quieted down. Check-in was quick and efficient.

My friend and I were quite pleased with our room (301). It was located on the second floor of the new building. As others have stated, there are a couple other older buildings at the inn. However, it seemed like they are for long-term stays as those rooms have mail slots in the office.

The room had two double beds along with a desk, small table, TV, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was also complimentary wireless Internet. Outside each level of the building was a vacuum in case you felt like the room wasn't clean enough. As others have mentioned, this is a family-run establishment so we didn't mind the odd quirks. The bathroom was large with a good sized tub and plenty of counter space. However, the bathroom door did not properly shut.

There is only a pizza place on Lincoln Road, so we headed downtown for dinner at the Lunar Rogue Pub (625 King Street). We also went to Regent Mall (1381 Regent Street) to get supplies at Wal-Mart for the rest of the trip.

Even though the place is called the Airport Inn, it is more of a motel for people with cars than for travellers by plane. Still, I do recommend this place and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank smokedmeat
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The Aiport Motel name put us off at first but this motel is very convenient for access to both the airport and the town of Fredericton. The main block of rooms are all quite new, so their cdndition and clenliness are excellent. The rooms are very spacious and have a fridge and microwave. Staff are friendly and helpful. The location is in a quiet suburb just 5-10 minutes from the town centre - to some people this may be a disadvantage because we had to drive 5-10 minutes to get to restaurants. A small price to pay for such a nice place. Best of all, it was very good value for the price. Well recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank peetajohn
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We stayed one night at the Airport Inn in August 2010 on our way to Halifax. As mentioned in other reviews, the new building in which we stayed was clean, quiet and comfortable. (The older building looked quite tired and I would avoid a room in that area.) While I don't wish to repeat the comments of other reviewers, I want to emphasize the poor taste quality of the drinking water, so if you are sensitive to such things, you would be best to bring some bottled water.

My biggest problem with this hotel was finding it using Google driving directions. Google had us leaving Highway 2 much too early and driving through a number of residential parts of Fredericton, which was a concern as the day was ending and it was getting dark. If you are travelling on Highway 2, I suggest that you take the much simpler route of exiting on Nevers Road (Exit 297), go north for 5 minutes to Lincoln Road, turn left and the Airport Inn will be only a couple of minutes ahead on your right.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dbakerca
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We were passing through Fredericton on the way to Ontario from Nova Scotia and needed a place to spend the night. After other reviews commented on the cleanliness I booked a room for $70/night. (The webpage seems to still list the old rate of $65, however!) Others recommended staying in the new building, and I asked for this when I booked.

The hotel is located 5 minutes off the Trans Canada highway, east of Fredericton's downtown and 5 minutes from the airport. There's nothing around here but single family homes, and when we arrived at 11pm, the road was pretty empty.

We checked into our room in the new section of the motel. The motel is an old fashioned ranch layout, with a new two story building on the one side. The new section looks to have been completed in the past year or so. The older part looks well worn, though I can't comment on the interior of the rooms.

The room was hot when we arrived, but we quickly cooled it off with the room air conditioner, which is a new model and works flawlessly. It's not too noisy. The room was sparkling clean! My wife said it was the cleanest room she'd ever stayed in. It really looked as if no one had ever stayed in the room before. The room is not elaborate or filled with expensive fixtures; you wouldn't expect that for this rate. But it looks as if it was newly built out of inexpensive Home Depot fixtures. So, if it's well maintained, they'll last for a few years. The bed linen is basic, though I've felt cheaper quality linens elsewhere. The towels were thin, but newish, and the soaps very cheap. There was a coffee maker and coffee, but no sugar or cream. The water at the motel smells very strongly of iron, so you may want to have some drinking water on hand. The beds were good and comfortable - new, firm with some padding. There was a small bar fridge in the room, a new TV with cable, and free Wi Fi with a strong connection. We stayed on the 2nd floor. It was quiet all night, though I did hear everyone leaving the next morning. It's not sound proof, but neither are the walls paper thin.

All in all, for an inexpensive overnight stay, this was really a great find.

The airport is located 5 minutes from the airport, so it's far from downtown Fredericton. But we didn't hear a single plane all night.

I'd stay there again with no reservations.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PeruTom
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We came across the Airport Inn quite accidentally when my husband was frantically searching for hotel leads on his Blackberry. (It seemed like every hotel room from Edmundston and Fredericton was full). We luckily got the last room. When we pulled up to the hotel we didn't know what to expect. We got a room in the new addition and it was clean and nice. There was enough room for our toddler to roam as well as to set up her play yard. We were pleasantly surprised by the state of the rooms as well as the bill. (Seventy dollars a night, you can't beat the price!). Although we were on our way through New Brunswick, we would have definitely stayed there another night if we were staying in Fredericton. The owners are super nice, too. Airport Inn is definitely worth the stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family