“Exellent once again”

Knights Inn Fredericton
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
“Exellent once again”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is my second return to this motel, and once again I am very pleased. Not only are the rooms spotless, but the customer service is second to none. The general manager Norm and his staff are very accommodating and friendly, also the complimentary breakfast was top notch. I also like the fact that I can drive right up to my room. I highly recommend this Motel to any one staying in Fredericton, I know I will be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank marina-anne
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hi Marina, It was nice seeing you again. Thank you for your nice review. It made my day. You did mention something that I feel is important to note. We are an old-fashioned motel with all rooms having direct access to the parking area, so yes, you can drive within a few feet of your door. Alot of our guests enjoy the convenience of not needing to walk through a hotel lobby or up stairs with luggage. Also, any females travelling solo, we book your room close to the office area. While Fredericton is a nice town, most female guests feel more comfortable knowing that I am only steps away (I live at the motel so am always available 24/7) Hope to see you again soon.

Norm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Quebec City
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at the Knights Inn in Frederickton, NB with my band last November 16th and was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the breakfast. It's a Mon & Pop motel and the staff is very friendly.
We will most certainly go back there if we ever get another gig in Fredericton again.
A great place to stay for the price. No amenities but for the breakfast and the free internet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. Honestly, I have a soft spot for Canadian bands and musicians that travel across Canada making a living. I only ask that when you win a Juno that you mention me in your acceptance speech.......... Seriously, thanks for coming by and hope to see you next time you play in the area.

Keep up the good work
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice little motel. The staff was very professional and polite and the rooms were very clean. It was a nice room for the price. We would recommend this motel to anyone that is in the area. We will be coming back again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I certainly appreciate your positive comments on your stay here. I tell people who call to reserve, that we are a simple roadside motel, but we take extreme pride in making our rooms clean and comfortable. We aren't fancy but you definitely get your money's worth. I think our good ranking on Tripadvisor reflects the general idea that we offer great value and truely welcome our guests...........I realize there are several choices of hotels in Fredericton, and our guests understand that our 'no-frills' property is ideal for anyone looking for a simple and pleasant night's stay without paying an arm and a leg. I look forward to you returning.
Cheers
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is the only hotel we stay at when we are in Fredericton for business or pleasure. We have stayed numerous times. The rooms are always spotless and the customer service is first rate. On our last stay we had planned to stay only one night as we were taking our son to the Halifax airport. Our son however, lost his wallet and we had to stay an extra night. When we came back to the hotel and explained why we were we were back again, we were told the night was on them and how sorry they were for our trouble. No large corporate hotel would ever do something like this. Nothing beats the heart of small business owners. Please support these amazing people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather H
Thank you for your kind words Heather. It's always a pleasure when you come back to visit. I appreciate you sharing your review of our motel with others.
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

i work in the fredericton a lot and i will not stay any where ealse they all way r very friendy and fast to help u with what ever it is u need it is all ways clean quite and peaceful a litle older but very well kept this is chappell well drillingall ways a good price

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Norm B, General Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks Charlie. Its always a pleasure having you here. I think over the years you've stayed in most of my rooms so you know more than most people that we are consistent with good clean rooms. I chuckled at you adding your little advertising about your business. Way to go!
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice little Motel !
very polite and prof. service ...
Clean and very well kept, for an older establishment...
No frills but very descent place at a very good price.
I would stay there again of sure!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Norm B, General Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Good day Lynne,
I appreciate your comments. I love to hear people saying that they got their money's worth. I agree that the property is not modern( I won't say its old as I am as old as it is), but we take pride in offering clean comfortable rooms at affordable prices. Hope to see you again soon.
Take care
New England
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This motel is located on a fairly busy, two-lane road in a nice, residential area. Unfortunately, it is too run down to recommend.

Check-in was very easy and fast, and the two people who work the front desk are very friendly and helpful. The rest of the motel is a big disappointment. It is old and dirty. I have to assume that the other reviewers who praised the cleanliness stayed in remodeled rooms. I did not.

You can park right in front of your room, but that is the only advantage. There is very little lighting inside, and believe me, you will want to keep your curtains closed. I had to unplug and move the only lamp in the room closer to the bed so I could read. There is an adjoining room, which I forgot to ask about since that is the thing I hate most about motels. And someone did rattle the handle one evening.

The air conditioner required a minor repair on my part, which is why I noticed how dirty it was. The fan they provide was also covered with dust.

The bathroom was even worse: dirty grout, poorly repaired tiles, bare bulbs over the sink, no counters. The room itself was not dark enough at night because of thin curtains, space around the door frame, and very bright lights on the microwave and the smoke detector (!). The freezer in the refrigerator was frozen shut with frost.

On the positive side, in addition to the friendly hosts and reasonable cost, my room was very quiet because I was in the back. The Wi-Fi signal was very strong; they provided a good supply of free toiletries, and they offered a simple breakfast, which many motels in New Brunswick at this price level do not.

I think that women traveling alone or with other women should not consider this motel. It is isolated, run down, and caters to a lot of single men. (I spoke to several, and they all seemed friendly.) Appearances are everything. This might appeal to people who are working in the area and have to find a cheap place for a longer stay. All others, keep looking.

Scooper47’s top tip: There are no restaurants in the immediate area. Ask the desk clerk to show you how to get to Prospect St., where you will find restaurants and malls. It will also take you to King’s Landing, a must-see, along the scenic route.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I always welcome comments from guests, and am especially thankful to hear a complete reply from one of Tripadvisor's senior reviewers. I do apologize for your stay and your room. Summertime is extremely busy here and unfortunately we are so booked that the only rooms left is the one that has not been renovated. Unfortunately, you got the last available room for your stay. Over the past two years I have taken over the motel, we have renovated almost all the rooms. We also have a policy of ensuring single women travelling solo have rooms close to the front desk, even though the whole property is safe, has video camera surveilance and regular rounds by me each evening. I know which room you were in and apologize for its sub-par appearance. I deserve the bad review in this case, but wish you had been able to see all our other rooms which are extremely satisfactory. I sincerely am sorry for your poor visit, and hope you return to see what others see here.......a good clean property with good value.
Regards,
Norm
p.s. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.