“Great Stay”

Knights Inn Fredericton
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice little motel. The staff was very professional and polite and the rooms were very clean. It was a nice room for the price. We would recommend this motel to anyone that is in the area. We will be coming back again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I certainly appreciate your positive comments on your stay here. I tell people who call to reserve, that we are a simple roadside motel, but we take extreme pride in making our rooms clean and comfortable. We aren't fancy but you definitely get your money's worth. I think our good ranking on Tripadvisor reflects the general idea that we offer great value and truely welcome our guests...........I realize there are several choices of hotels in Fredericton, and our guests understand that our 'no-frills' property is ideal for anyone looking for a simple and pleasant night's stay without paying an arm and a leg. I look forward to you returning.
Cheers

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is the only hotel we stay at when we are in Fredericton for business or pleasure. We have stayed numerous times. The rooms are always spotless and the customer service is first rate. On our last stay we had planned to stay only one night as we were taking our son to the Halifax airport. Our son however, lost his wallet and we had to stay an extra night. When we came back to the hotel and explained why we were we were back again, we were told the night was on them and how sorry they were for our trouble. No large corporate hotel would ever do something like this. Nothing beats the heart of small business owners. Please support these amazing people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heather H

Thank you for your kind words Heather. It's always a pleasure when you come back to visit. I appreciate you sharing your review of our motel with others.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

i work in the fredericton a lot and i will not stay any where ealse they all way r very friendy and fast to help u with what ever it is u need it is all ways clean quite and peaceful a litle older but very well kept this is chappell well drillingall ways a good price

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Norm B, General Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thanks Charlie. Its always a pleasure having you here. I think over the years you've stayed in most of my rooms so you know more than most people that we are consistent with good clean rooms. I chuckled at you adding your little advertising about your business. Way to go!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice little Motel !
very polite and prof. service ...
Clean and very well kept, for an older establishment...
No frills but very descent place at a very good price.
I would stay there again of sure!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Norm B, General Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Good day Lynne,
I appreciate your comments. I love to hear people saying that they got their money's worth. I agree that the property is not modern( I won't say its old as I am as old as it is), but we take pride in offering clean comfortable rooms at affordable prices. Hope to see you again soon.
Take care

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This motel is located on a fairly busy, two-lane road in a nice, residential area. Unfortunately, it is too run down to recommend.

Check-in was very easy and fast, and the two people who work the front desk are very friendly and helpful. The rest of the motel is a big disappointment. It is old and dirty. I have to assume that the other reviewers who praised the cleanliness stayed in remodeled rooms. I did not.

You can park right in front of your room, but that is the only advantage. There is very little lighting inside, and believe me, you will want to keep your curtains closed. I had to unplug and move the only lamp in the room closer to the bed so I could read. There is an adjoining room, which I forgot to ask about since that is the thing I hate most about motels. And someone did rattle the handle one evening.

The air conditioner required a minor repair on my part, which is why I noticed how dirty it was. The fan they provide was also covered with dust.

The bathroom was even worse: dirty grout, poorly repaired tiles, bare bulbs over the sink, no counters. The room itself was not dark enough at night because of thin curtains, space around the door frame, and very bright lights on the microwave and the smoke detector (!). The freezer in the refrigerator was frozen shut with frost.

On the positive side, in addition to the friendly hosts and reasonable cost, my room was very quiet because I was in the back. The Wi-Fi signal was very strong; they provided a good supply of free toiletries, and they offered a simple breakfast, which many motels in New Brunswick at this price level do not.

I think that women traveling alone or with other women should not consider this motel. It is isolated, run down, and caters to a lot of single men. (I spoke to several, and they all seemed friendly.) Appearances are everything. This might appeal to people who are working in the area and have to find a cheap place for a longer stay. All others, keep looking.

Scooper47’s top tip: There are no restaurants in the immediate area. Ask the desk clerk to show you how to get to Prospect St., where you will find restaurants and malls. It will also take you to King’s Landing, a must-see, along the scenic route.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

I always welcome comments from guests, and am especially thankful to hear a complete reply from one of Tripadvisor's senior reviewers. I do apologize for your stay and your room. Summertime is extremely busy here and unfortunately we are so booked that the only rooms left is the one that has not been renovated. Unfortunately, you got the last available room for your stay. Over the past two years I have taken over the motel, we have renovated almost all the rooms. We also have a policy of ensuring single women travelling solo have rooms close to the front desk, even though the whole property is safe, has video camera surveilance and regular rounds by me each evening. I know which room you were in and apologize for its sub-par appearance. I deserve the bad review in this case, but wish you had been able to see all our other rooms which are extremely satisfactory. I sincerely am sorry for your poor visit, and hope you return to see what others see here.......a good clean property with good value.
Regards,
Norm
p.s. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked here for a weekend in Fredericton based in part on the good reviews. Though the place is not fancy, it is a great value for the money. The room is a good size for 1-2 people, it was spotless, and the cable tv had lots of channels. There is wireless, the place is quiet, and the staff are friendly and really knowledgeable. There's a nice welcome basket of toiletries in the bathroom (which has been redone, clearly), there's a nice little fridge and microwave (with ice and other things in the office area), and, really, for $65 Canadian what more could you want? I recommend the place highly. If I'm back in Fredericton, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate your candid review and especially letting people know that "we are what we are".....a nice clean quiet place that offers good old-fashioned value for your stay. All our staff here really do love working here, as we all love meeting folks from all over the world. As part of the Wyndham family of hotels, we get more than our share of guests from Europe, Asia, USA, and of course all parts of Canada. Most people know that 'you get what you pay for' at our budget prices, but are mostly pleasantly surprised by the nice atmosphere and relaxed setting. Once again, thanks for sharing your experience.
Cheers

Reviewed July 4, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013