“great stay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Sussex, Canada
“great stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

STAYED TWO NIGHTS AND WILL DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN!
Clean comfortable rooms at a great price. Was nice to meander in for breakfast and fresh coffee! Wonderful !!!
Bed was comfy ensuring a great sleep, microwave and fridge were a welcome bonus and they even supplied me with a hair blower when mine went on the fritz..
Staff were friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable of the city and surrounding area. I would recommend this motel to anyone for convenient quiet location, cleanliness, comfort, price and great staff!!
Thank you Norm and Cindy for a stay that most motels/hotels could not begin to rival!

Room Tip: For a woman travelling alone, they accommodate by placing you in the front , near the office. Just o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and extremely grateful for your glowing review. We have come a long way in improving the Knights Inn since taking over a couple of years ago and we take great pride in how nice this property is looking. We welcome people who are looking for a nice quiet place to stay without payig a fortune for a night's stay. Again, thanks for your comments. Oh, and Cindy says 'hello'.

Norm Boudreau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Budget hotel along side road not far from downtown(13 dollar cab to be exact) . Beds were comfy and perfectly acceptable for the proce point. On the outside the building looks a little out dated but from the second I walked in Norm the manager had me at ease. such an easy guy to talk too.. reconmended us some things to do in town as well as gave us cab that wouldn't gouge us in price. Cannot say enough good things about the staff there. Would stay again just to get advice on fredericton from them! Quiet sleep not a lot of traffic and a nice little free breakfast which is great if your in a rush!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I always welcome comments from folks who stay here and I certainly thank you for your kind words. Fredericton is a lovely city with lots to offer and its always my pleasure to host anyone coming to town who is looking for a good clean affordable place to stay. Summertime is especially nice at Knights Inn as we have access across the road to a beautiful walking trail along the river, and have a barbeque set up at the tree-lined lawn in our backyard for guest use. We are only 5 minutes from the centre of the city but it is quiet here as we are in a residential neighbourhood.
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Friendly and helpful Manager. Clean and quiet room. Very quiet area. Nice to have a fridge in the room.Bed was comfy.High speed wireless worked great.Nice to park right in front of my room. Hot coffee and toast for breakfast. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
It was a pleasure hosting you on your visit to Fredericton. I appreciate your nice comments and hope to see you on your next trip to the area. We pride ourselves in good clean rooms and value for your money. As summer approaches, we tend to get busy so please contact me as early as possible to ensure we make room for you. Our high season rates will start soon, but they are still among the lowest prices in town. Thanks again for reviewing us.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

So I was visiting Fredericton on business and I booked my motel online.

I have to say driving up to the Motel the outside of the place did look a little run down and sketchy The outside sign does look like it needs some touching up as did some of the outdoor paint as well as the driveway.

getting inside the office I was blown away by how nice the office and dining area looked, it was very nice and looked to have been renovated.

I got my room Key after a minor issue with my reservation getting lost, New guy working the front desk no big deal, The manager came in to help and we found my reservation.

the Unit's themselves are Very clean, well kept and my lord they had much to offer for a cheap motel. A mini range with sink, and fridge and freezer, Toaster, microwave that I was not expecting, The full continental breakfast was great it offered The normal stuff along with Waffles, Pancakes and fruit.

The bed, was very comfortable and nice to sleep in, I nearly slept in because it was so comfortable.

I would highly recommend it for anyone going to Fredericton and in need of a cheap place to stay, its not that far from the downtown core either, 7-10 min drive at most really, and its a very quiet place to stay.

oh and ladies and romantic couples...

Unit 41 has a Pink bathtub.

Room Tip: This place has rooms in the back and also offers a laundry service, the parking spots are very wide...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi Geoffrey,
I want to thank you for spending some time to review your stay with us and sincerely appreciate your thorough and accurate accounting of your visit. I took over managing Knights Inn Fredericton over a year ago and we have made great strides in renovating the property. I'm glad you noticed and mentioned the improvements. I will get the sign spruced up at the entrance as it is in need of touching up. I chuckled at your comment about the pink tub.......gee you made it sound good, though!! I hope to see you again soon. Keep up the good work with reviewing anywhere you go. It is a great help to people when they decide on accommodations.
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place was clean, staff helpful, and about as close as you could hope for in Fredericton to the airport. The breakfast is very limited, but I understand that is simply the off-season reality. The TV came though particularly loud and clear from the next room, probably because the head of the bed was against tht wall, but at one in the morning that was irritating. I did get back to sleep, so the night was not a total loss. The office and breakfast area smells strongly of cigarette smoke, so I did not hang out there, our own room was fine. At $59 per night, a good deal overall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing Knights Inn and I do appreciate your review. I went to the room you stayed in and actually checked out the television noise you mentioned. You are right ! My maintenance guy is now sound-proofing that wall. It is one of those things that I would not have noticed until it is brought to my attention, so I do appreciate your input. Our continental breakfast presently has coffee,tea, juice, toast, cold cereal and waffles. I will add fresh fruit and pastries.......but trust me......you really don't want to try my cooking so we'll keep it simple. I hope to see you again next time you are in the area.
Amherst, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The price was very reasonable and we were surprised by the quiet location well off the highway in a residential neighborhood. The room was small by today's standards, but adequate and clean. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, desk, a comfortable queen bed and dresser filled the room. A shelf in the bathroom and Kleenex would have been appreciated. Breakfast was fine after a very nice night's sleep.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and I appreciate your input and comments. I am always anxious to hear from our guests, especially in your case where you are one of Tripadvisor's senior contributors so the public realizes you are a seasoned traveller. I am proud of our motel, and happy to host anyone looking for clean and economical rooms. Oh, and sorry about the Kleenex......I check all rooms after the housekeepers clean them, so it was my oversight to not replace it. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The room i had was very roomy and comfortable.The bed was very comfortable.there is also free wifi and a free continental breakfast.The rooms are very clean.The motel is in a quiet area and is great for sleeping and 5 minutes away from down town Fredericton.the manager goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norm B, Manager at Knights Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It was a pleasure having you as a guest and I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We do pride ourselves in delivering a good clean room at affordable prices. I hope you return soon. I'll have the coffee on for ya.