“Great Experience ”

Stuft Burger Bar and Poutinerie
Ranked #38 of 262 Restaurants in Fredericton
Description: Quality is of the utmost importance to us at Stuft Burger Bar & Poutinerie; whether it’s in the ingredients we use, the phenomenal food that we serve, or our courteous staff. We know that our attention to detail in everything that we serve is what keeps our valued customers coming back again and again. For this reason, we are continually revising our menu to suit the needs of our customers and to bring you the best dining experience that we can. Though we may change-up the menu from time-to-time, our commitment to providing you the freshest, most flavourful meals possible remains the same! Everything that we serve is made with the most authentic, freshest available, and locally sourced ingredients possible; including our never frozen -100% Alberta beef, fresh-cut fries, Quebec cheese curds and housemade sauces. And did we mention our local microbrew selections?
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Wifey and I decided to habe a date night and chose Stuft to eat. Let me start by saying that most folks are immediately turned off when they hear it's at the City Motel, which has in the past been an absolute dive motel. Well, new ownership and renovations have given the motel a second lease on life. Is it 5 Star? No, but it is clean and the staff are friendly. Enough about that though
..Back to Stuft... Atmosphere is cozy. We were greeted by staff as soon as we walked in the door. We were seated and asked if we had been there before. When we told him we hadn't, he explained the menu thoroughly and took our drink order. They have your typical drinks, pop, juice ect. but if you're into craft beer, they have a good selection. So of course we both ordered burgers...well...what else do you order? I got the "Burger of the Month", The Madness Burger, with a side of fries and a Pumphouse Blueberry Ale. My wife got the "Stuft Signature" with a side of onion rings and a Grimross Cheval D'Or. After a few minutes of waiting, our order arrived at our table. Simple presentation, lots of fresh cut fries on my plate. My wife had a good portion of fresh beer battered onion rings which was explained to us by the waiter that their onion rings are by weight which is fine with me. My burger was amazing!! Maritime Madness hot sauce (I should have chose the suicide sauce), dusted jalapenos, cheese, sriracha aioli, lettuce and tomato topped this fresh cooked, never frozen, hand shaped patty and was caught between a very soft gourmet bun. Wow...I could use another one right now...My wife's burger was just as big and just as fresh...and I may have eaten about a quarter of hers because she couldn't finish it. Which I wouldn't recommend because I was already "Stuft" from my own burger...;) The onion rings were excellent! Thick beer batter and fried to perfection. Great beer taste as well. All in all we had a great experience and will certainly be returning!! Highly recommend you try Stuft. You will not be disappointed. Next time though I'm going extra hungry to try their poutine...

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank 972curtism
Will P, General Manager at Stuft Burger Bar and Poutinerie, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Thanks for the awesome review! We certainly appreciate the time and detail in reviewing your dining experience with Stuft! I generally recommend that customers wear loose fitting clothing! ;) The owners have put a lot of time and money into recreating the City Motel, and continue to make changes to get it back to it's original glory (AKA the days when Kenny Rogers and Anne Murray stayed there while performing in town)! And of course, this includes housing a great restaurant like Stuft! It pleases us a great deal that you picked up on that! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2018

I wasn't expecting too much given the location and the fact that restaurants seem to come and go in this spot. I was pleasantly surprised at my yummy burger and fries. The space is quite small but updated and cozy. Our waiter was attentive and explained all of the options. And I found the prices reasonable. I would definitely go back the next time I am in the mood for a burger. Next time I will try the onion rings as they looked good!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank janunder

We are happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your dining experience at Stuft! We have a great new Burger and Poutine of the Month, so we hope you will come again and try it out! And, yes, the onion rings are good too! ;)

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Great burgers, good poutine, friendly service, fair prices, except the build your own burger. Those toppings can add up!

Date of visit: January 2018
Will P, General Manager at Stuft Burger Bar and Poutinerie, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Stuft on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments! We hope to see you again soon, as we have customer appreciation card coming out whereby you will receive your eleventh burger free! You also might be interested in trying the Burger of the Month!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

A large group of us went on a Saturday night. The food was good. We got our meals at different times, some was almost an hour different. This place has tasty food, but not a good place to go with a large group of people. It is smaller and they had a hard time getting to us all.

Date of visit: December 2017
Will P, General Manager at Stuft Burger Bar and Poutinerie, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

On behalf of staff and management, I would like to apologize profusely for the wait time between servings for your group. I looked into it and cannot account for what happened to explain the delay. We had 3 group reservations the previous night and from my understanding everything ran rather smoothly, so I do hope your experience doesn't deter you from coming in with a group again in the future. I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the food and want to thank you for taking the time to give us a good review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2017

First off the decor of the space is great, friendly staff and Great Food. If you are looking for a new place to go this is the place to be I know i will be back for sure. You can either pick from the their own creations that the staff have put together or build your own. Plating was amazing

Date of visit: December 2017
Will P, General Manager at Stuft Burger Bar and Poutinerie, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Thank you for the fabulous review and for taking the time to tell others about it! We are so happy to hear that you had such a pleasurable experience and can't wait to see you again soon!