“Poor Camping experience”
Review of Great Bear Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Brunswick
Great Bear Camping
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked at this campground because of the great reviews here at Tripadvisor; however my experience was quite different. The staff was indeed very kind and accomodating and the location is beautiful.

The negetives? No hot water for showers during the night; however there was in the morning. No enforcement of quite times. They have several campers that stay there all season and they had a projector and sound system outdoors blasting music, machine guns, explosions etc until 2:30 in the morning. That is simply not acceptable in a family campground that has a 12 AM quite time rule.

Also there are very little in the way of activities other then the pool. I would not recommend it for those with young families as the kids will soon get bored.

The most important part of a family campground is the family part. No hot water, loud explosions until 2:30 AM just does not cut it. I cannot recommend this as a family campground.

14  Thank Oromocto_Camper

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We have camped at Great Bear over the years since my sons were small, and now they are taking their children to experience camping there as well. The grounds are clean and spacious, and the staff are excellent, even remembering you from year to year. All the facilities are clean and well maintained, and as a family weekend retreat it can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GreatBearCamping, Owner at Great Bear Camping, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you to ALL of our 2012 campers who have taken the time to share such positive comments about their stay at Great Bear Camping. We look forward to making sure that every time you come to Great Bear you will have a wonderful vacation. Mel and Valerie Hagerman

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great Bear was a great spot to camp! From the moment we booked our reservation to landing at the campground and setting up our camper...that was just the beginning of a fantastic weekend. The campground is clean, friendly and we had a fantastic view of the Saint John River! Very accomodating and we will be returning!!

Room Tip: When making your booking, ask for a site near the water, you won't regret it!
1  Thank cfamly
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been a camper for over 20 years and been to many camp grounds. Great Bear is BY FAR my favorite! It is clean, the lots are big, pool is well maintained but perhaps the most important to me was the staff. They are so kind and accomodating! I love talking to someone on the phone who LISTENS to you and truley cares. We are most definately looking into the possibility of seasonal lots there. The property is freckled with beautiful trees providing shade and a sense of privacy. My kids weren't bugging me for money for the canteen because there isn't one! LOVE IT! The other campers there were wonderful...some of the seasonal kids even came by our camper to hand out little canada flags to my children. We are going back this weekend and I can't wait!!

2  Thank terrinfamily
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have been going to this camp ground since before my children.
It is very clean and I love the trees, instead of rows of camper, you feel like you are camping. While you can get ice and wood there, there is no canteen...I LOVE THIS. It takes the "mom, can I have some money" for junk out of the equation. And, the kids can walk around, enjoy nature and occupy them selves……really a pool and river, what more should you need as a kid.
All electrical has been up graded. Although there is no septic sites, there is a dumping station. We have created a lot of great memories at Great Bear. When my kids get older, I would love to be a seasonal camper there too.
It’s a wonderful spot to camp!

1  Thank KristaBB
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just returned home from a short 2 day stay at Great Bear Campground. The campground is clean, most lots are wooded and it is very well maintained.Washrooms and showers are clean... as is the pool area.... Full service sites.... And the best of all, is the friendly service we saw from the moment we arrived to the time we left. It has been years since I was last here.... actually I wasn't much older than my kids are now, and the same family still owns and runs it today. We will defently return here soon. We had three families with us (with a grand total of 10 kids ranging from 9-15 yrs old) and all had a great time swimming in the pool, fishing in the river, biking and walking through the park, swinging, walking the beach ect,...... And this is something when you add in it rained on and off all weekend.

To sum it up... I would highly recommend this campground. It may not have all the bells and whistles of some other campgrounds, But if your goal is to have a relaxing vacation in a quiet, clean, beautiful, friendly spot.... Great Bear will fit the bill.

To the owners.... Thank you

Terry S.

1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We just went to this campground for the second time. I have to admit that the whole family loves it. It it small but the kids love the pool. I find the facilities are clean. We are already planning to go back at least once this summer.

1  Thank squid14