“Most AMAZING camping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Great Bear Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Brunswick
Great Bear Camping
Fredericton, Canada
“Most AMAZING camping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been a camper for over 20 years and been to many camp grounds. Great Bear is BY FAR my favorite! It is clean, the lots are big, pool is well maintained but perhaps the most important to me was the staff. They are so kind and accomodating! I love talking to someone on the phone who LISTENS to you and truley cares. We are most definately looking into the possibility of seasonal lots there. The property is freckled with beautiful trees providing shade and a sense of privacy. My kids weren't bugging me for money for the canteen because there isn't one! LOVE IT! The other campers there were wonderful...some of the seasonal kids even came by our camper to hand out little canada flags to my children. We are going back this weekend and I can't wait!!

2 Thank terrinfamily

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Keswick, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have been going to this camp ground since before my children.
It is very clean and I love the trees, instead of rows of camper, you feel like you are camping. While you can get ice and wood there, there is no canteen...I LOVE THIS. It takes the "mom, can I have some money" for junk out of the equation. And, the kids can walk around, enjoy nature and occupy them selves……really a pool and river, what more should you need as a kid.
All electrical has been up graded. Although there is no septic sites, there is a dumping station. We have created a lot of great memories at Great Bear. When my kids get older, I would love to be a seasonal camper there too.
It’s a wonderful spot to camp!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KristaBB
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just returned home from a short 2 day stay at Great Bear Campground. The campground is clean, most lots are wooded and it is very well maintained.Washrooms and showers are clean... as is the pool area.... Full service sites.... And the best of all, is the friendly service we saw from the moment we arrived to the time we left. It has been years since I was last here.... actually I wasn't much older than my kids are now, and the same family still owns and runs it today. We will defently return here soon. We had three families with us (with a grand total of 10 kids ranging from 9-15 yrs old) and all had a great time swimming in the pool, fishing in the river, biking and walking through the park, swinging, walking the beach ect,...... And this is something when you add in it rained on and off all weekend.

To sum it up... I would highly recommend this campground. It may not have all the bells and whistles of some other campgrounds, But if your goal is to have a relaxing vacation in a quiet, clean, beautiful, friendly spot.... Great Bear will fit the bill.

To the owners.... Thank you

Terry S.

1 Thank Terry S
New Brunswick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We just went to this campground for the second time. I have to admit that the whole family loves it. It it small but the kids love the pool. I find the facilities are clean. We are already planning to go back at least once this summer.

1 Thank squid14
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Initially we were looking to camp at Mactaquac Provincial Park but it was completely booked for the Labour Day weekend so they suggested two alternate campgrounds to us and this was one of them. It's been owned by the same family for the last 30+ years. The service was really nice and accomodating. There is a pool and a beach of which I used neither. There's also a swingset for kids but no playground.
The best part about this campground is that it's wooded. There is no field with rows and rows of huge RVs. We tented with several other families and they put us in a small field surrounded by trees with a nice sounding brook running alongside it. There were definitely large RVs there but they're in treed sites. I was told that there's actually no sewer hookups because that would be prohibitively expensive or would require taking out the trees. They do, however, have a dumping station and a truck that comes by for longer staying campers so they can empty without moving. There were plenty of obviously seasonal campers there.
One complaint - there's only one centrally located washroom. If your site isn't centrally located then it's a bit of a walk to the washroom.
The directions on their website give an exit number. That's the Nackawic exit. That would have been helpful to know.
A warning: Google maps will not help you get to this campground. It may think it knows where it is but it doesn't.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family