“a true teasure”

Ranked #170 of 1,713 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Deli, Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Description: All day breakfast. Corned Beef piled high. Deli Bagel. Baba's Soup. Wraps. Salads. Perogie Fridays. Homemade Soups. Dine in. Take out. Delivery. Office Catering.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stumbled into Nathan Detriots while on business a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure glad i did. the best corned beef sandwich i've had in years -- thinly sliced with just the right amount of mustard. a true Winnipeg destination. the servers made me laugh countless times. made me feel like I went back in time to Kelekis except I don't they serve deep fried hot dogs at Nathans. If you are in Winnipeg -- go!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A great place for breakfast and lunch, supper too I would imagine if they were open late. Wonderful homemade soups and sandwiches. Great desserts and muffins but DO NOT pass on the buttertarts. You are treated like family.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Does a bowl of homemade chicken soup, and a corned beef sandwich hit the spot? YOU BET IT DOES! What an amazing environment - great, friendly staff, clean restaurant and soup and sandwich that HIT MY SOUL! Oh wait...it gets better...THEY DELIVER! Not only did I enjoy the delicious food in the restaurant, we have a "standing order" for delivery to our office every second Friday for our staff meetings! Our company LOVES their catering menu also!!! I would HIGHLY recommend the restaurant for lunch and doubly recommend the restaurant for office catering!

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Deli food - simple & delicious. Great value and friendly service. Nice spot for breakfast downtown. Convenient for Fairmont guests.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was on the run for most of the day and dropped into Nathan Detroit's about 1:30. The waitress was an ebullient lady who asked me about the weather. 'Cold wind, " I replied. She said that I could sit anywhere I wanted and she brought me a laminated double sided menu. The food selection was typical deli style but she suggested, the weather outside being what is was, the soup of the day which was potato with dill. She brought me a large bowl of hot thick tasty soup. She gathered up a couple of newspapers and brought them before the soup arrived and when I left she gave me a copy of the take out menu And she asked about a beverage but since I had been on coffee all morning, I said no so she brought along a glass of water in case the soup was too hot. By the time I had finished the soup I was full and couldn't try any of the other items on the menu. It was a cheap, satisfying lunch.