“AMAZING!”

Ranked #210 of 1,679 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Description: All day breakfast. Corned Beef piled high. Deli Bagel. Baba's Soup. Wraps. Salads. Perogie Fridays. Homemade Soups. Dine in. Take out. Delivery.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Does a bowl of homemade chicken soup, and a corned beef sandwich hit the spot? YOU BET IT DOES! What an amazing environment - great, friendly staff, clean restaurant and soup and sandwich that HIT MY SOUL! Oh wait...it gets better...THEY DELIVER! Not only did I enjoy the delicious food in the restaurant, we have a "standing order" for delivery to our office every second Friday for our staff meetings! Our company LOVES their catering menu also!!! I would HIGHLY recommend the restaurant for lunch and doubly recommend the restaurant for office catering!

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Deli food - simple & delicious. Great value and friendly service. Nice spot for breakfast downtown. Convenient for Fairmont guests.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was on the run for most of the day and dropped into Nathan Detroit's about 1:30. The waitress was an ebullient lady who asked me about the weather. 'Cold wind, " I replied. She said that I could sit anywhere I wanted and she brought me a laminated double sided menu. The food selection was typical deli style but she suggested, the weather outside being what is was, the soup of the day which was potato with dill. She brought me a large bowl of hot thick tasty soup. She gathered up a couple of newspapers and brought them before the soup arrived and when I left she gave me a copy of the take out menu And she asked about a beverage but since I had been on coffee all morning, I said no so she brought along a glass of water in case the soup was too hot. By the time I had finished the soup I was full and couldn't try any of the other items on the menu. It was a cheap, satisfying lunch.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I can only echo the previous reviewer's comments. Really handy to the Fairmont Hotel, bustling little place with friendly staff and offering delicious good value breakfasts.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nathan's a is conveniently located near the Fairmont Winnipeg in the underground walking path. The breakfast menu offers a wide selection and great prices. The food was tasty and the service prompt and friendly.

1  Thank JamesII