“Terrible service!!!!!!”

Cross street: Spence st
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Reservation at 8 . Ordered 2 rolls and 1 appetizer . Rolls came after 1 hour. We were about to leave when finally our appetizer arrived. We explained we did not want it anymore. The server spoke to the manager and owner and came back to tell us that she can take the appetizer back but it will still be on our bill because their policy is to never take items off . We Were obviously upset but ended up paying to avoid a fuss . I can tell you that I'm never going back.

1 Thank IM2286

“Best sushi in town!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went to Wasabi on Broadway for my sister's 21st birthday! We had reservations for 7 pm. The waitress was very friendly. My only complaint about the waitress is that she had a hard time waiting on more than one table. She had to be reminded to bring soya sauce and water. However, was kind enough to apologize. Our party was only 4, there was a much bigger party of 10 that she was trying to organize.

The sushi as always was amazing! It melts in your mouth. The restaurant is very expensive however for the sushi itsel it is worth the extra money. I have not had one bad experience there yet!

• Visited December 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Worst service in 10 years”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My mom and wife and I went to Wasabi last night to celebrate my wife's birthday. We arrived at 730 the waitress took our drink order about 745. She brought our drinks in timely fashion then took our food order.We were tucked away in one of the upstairs former bedrooms as this restaurant was a former house,making it very difficult to "flag" a server.We never saw our waitress again till 835.All our glasses were dry and we were there to eat so we were famished.Then the dreaded we didn't order enough food and she only brought on scoop of wasabi for 3 people.I ordered some more wasabi , one more scoop came in 15 minutes after we all finished eating. I think you get my drift here. We told her we thought she forgot about us . Her reply was she had a party of ten and they were taken all of her attention. After we received the extra wasabi and a couple more dishes she was at our table every 5 minutes to see how we were doing and make sure we were okay.......too little to late. When she presented the bill she apoligised for the service and blamed it on the kitchen and the computer system. If ever it was appropiate to stiff a server it was right here.We still left a little over 10% on a $160 bill,reluctantly because the food was ok. Her parting words were it would be better next time. We all were politely silent and I'm sure we all were thinking the same thing. There won't be a next time. Don October 13 2012 730 reservation

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank don b
“AMAZING sushi...”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

....if you don't mind paying a little more. The atmosphere and food presentation is wonderful as well.

Canmore
“Excellent Sushi!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Lunch with colleagues so we ordered just about every sushi roll on the menu - service was very knowledgeable, the food was fabulously fresh and beautifully presented. I liked everything I tasted and they had a great selection of vegetarian options too.

• Visited April 2012