“Great Service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Description: The Beachcomber Restaurant is located at one of the most popular and historic destinations in Winnipeg, - The Forks Market. The Beachcomber Restaurant is a great place to have a meal, a drink or just relax with a hot beverage. If you're looking for Seafood, Pasta, Steak or Chicken we have many delicious dishes to feed your appetite. We look forward to serving you!
“Great Service”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great patio feel. Food was pricey and not that great tasting. What made it great was our server. I wish I got her name. She had black hair & glasses, maybe Arielle? Very prompt service, friendly, personable, very knowledgable about the menu, was always bringing refills when we needed. I would only come back for drinks on the patio, if we had the same server because she made it worth it!

Regina, Canada
“Enjoyed Dinner & will return”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My spouse and I had an early dinner here on Saturday mid-July. We decided to go here because they had Manitoba Pickerel on the menu and my spouse enjoys fish. Our server Dana was really good, she was friendly, attentive but not too attentive and allowed us to enjoy our food. We had crab stuff mushrooms as an appetizer and they were very tasty. Not over killed with cream cheese so you could still taste the crab and the mushroom. We had strawberry marguerita and a dill pickle caesar. Both were well prepared.

For main course, I had fish & chips. The fish is haddock, beer battered and it comes with shoestring french fries. This was very good. The fries were cooked perfectly and the fish was nicely beer battered. Neither were greasy and both were served hot and fresh tasting.
My husband had the pickerel which was done in a lemon butter. He enjoyed it very much. The fish was cooked perfectly and flaked apart without using a knife. He had the fires as well and also liked them.
We sat inside to stay cool rather than on the patio. The restaurant is comfortable and nicely decorated. I found the music could have been a little quieter and the A/C not quite as cold but that is my personal taste as I am always cold. The music was not overly loud but not my taste which is why I found it a little loud.
Pricing is not terrible particularly for a downtown restaurant in the Forks Market on the water. It cost us $80 for two fancy drinks, and appetizer and two entrees including tax. Not cheap but okay for good food, service with still a casual atmosphere.
Enjoyed it and will certainly visit again.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Poor service, mediocre food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place is outrageously priced for the food quality and service. At least 15.00 plus drink for lunch, outrageous. Food was mediocre at best service was terrible. One the server sensed that there would be no tip, she pretended to care ! We would never return. When is winnipeg going to learn and get some really good restaurants.

Ottawa, Canada
“Great location and great food”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had three meals at this restaurant - one breakfast and two extended dinners. Food was simply great for all three meals and service was excellent. Waiter responded to a criticism that the steak arrived not as ordered and immediately gave a 10 per cent discount. We will go back to this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Winnipeg
“Food is Awful”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've given this place a couple of tries, but it continues to disappoint. We wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather and have a meal on the patio. The atmosphere couldn't make up for the under cooked hamburger (just a little dangerous) and the chewy chicken (I'm guessing it was frozen). One meal had to be sent back. I knew the food had little chance when I saw just how extensive the menu was. There is no way you can pre-prep that many different types of meals and have them all fresh and tasty. Pare your menu down by half and pay more attention to what you are cooking. Wait staff was very nice. Go there for drinks and the view; nothing else.